Scientist, Analytical Development
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
The Scientist will be part of the highly motivated team of scientists and associates engaged in vaccine development and will contribute to the development and execution of analytical methods to support all phases of vaccine product development.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Expected to design, implement, conduct, and interpret experiments with minimal guidance
- Demonstrate technical proficiency in various analytical methods to determine protein physico-chemical properties, activity, identity, purity, and etc. in support of CMC development and product characterization activities
- Must demonstrate scientific creativity, problem solving, collaboration with others and independent thought
- Must have a passion for innovation and keep abreast of latest technologies to streamline development and GMP testing.
- Prepare study protocols, analyze data for scientific presentations and write study reports. All work will be conducted in compliance with Emergent’s Standard Operating Procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge on quality and regulatory requirements such as FDA, ICH, GLP/cGMP compliance preferred
Minimum Education, Experience and Skills
- PhD degree with a minimum of 2 years’ industry experience, Masters with 5 years, or BS in biology or related field with a minimum of 8 years of related experience
- Expert knowledge of scientific principles and concepts of analytical method development
- Proven record of independently managing method development to support CMC activities
- Superior hands-on and problem-solving experience
- The candidate will have strong technical, communication (oral and written), and computer (e.g., MS Excel) skills
- The candidate should have experience with leading laboratory personnel
- Excellent organizational ability and working well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment is required
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.