Sr. Associate, Process Development Downstream
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
The position will report to the Sr. Scientist of the Process Development and Production (PDP) department in San Diego. Assist in the development and troubleshooting of scalable downstream processes for vaccine/proteins. Work with downstream members to maintain the team in a professional working environment.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Design and execute experimental plans, maintain accurate notes, prepare data analysis and results summaries
- Perform experiments with limited supervision.
- Prepare SOP, batch record, developments reports, tech transfer documents and participate presentations
- Prepare and present project updates to ensure timely delivery.
- Uses professional concepts to complete routine assignments
Minimum Education, Experience and Skills
- B.S. degree in biology or related area with 3 years of experience working in process development or protein science required.
- Advanced degree is preferred
- Chromatography Purification experience is required
• Diafiltration/Ultrafiltration experience is required
- Scale down/scale up knowledge is required
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Good aseptic techniques
- Ability to effectively collaborate with team members
- Strong trouble shooting and data analysis skills is preferred
- Design of Experiment (DoE) is a plus
- Filtration experience is a plus
- Protein chemistry knowledge is a plus
- Upstream process knowledge is a plus
• GMP experiences is a plus
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.