Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
I. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Automation Responsibilities: Maintain and manage enhancements to site automation systems including:
• Process control system(s), Building management system(s), Data historian, Network connectivity
• Maintenance of quality systems and cGMP compliance for the business by ensuring that all team members comply with processes, procedures and instructions for all activities in which the team participates as related to automation.
• Interface with process engineering, computer system validation and IT infrastructure to ensure automation system compliance.
• Support Commissioning and FAT/SAT's, IQ/OQ/PQ as required.
• Perform preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and act as system administrator for in-house SCADA and other building systems. This will include field wiring and field installment, and oversight of contractors.
• Troubleshoot the automation systems on process equipment typical to the pharmaceutical industry.
• Support deviations and author investigation reports.
• Manage system administration functions including, written procedures, system back-up/restore, user groups and accounts, disaster recovery, etc.
• In depth working knowledge of cGMP requirements including GAMP latest version.
Project Responsibilities: Responsible for programming, development of scope, design supervision, client interface, cost and schedule development and control, project reporting, construction, construction safety, procurement, project staffing, start up scheduling and execution, managing validation interfaces on assigned capital projects.
• Demonstrates problem solving skills related to complex project execution challenges
• Ability to build and lead high performing cross-functional teams (inclusive of quality, validation and IT infrastructure) & show appropriate delegation of work assignments
• Must possess strategic and tactical balance in organizing and planning skills required for planning and executing complex project work.
• Exhibit internal customer focus and effectively direct and interface with peer-level partners.
• Strong leadership encompassing effective communication, motivation and team building/team performance skills.
• Develop and supervise automation implementation capable of delivering defined project objectives. Responsible for supporting professional development of assigned personnel.
• In depth working knowledge of cGMP requirements, the design and construction safety business processes related to automation and electrical power, including project management and contracts.
Other responsibilities as assigned.
II. MINIMUM SKILLS, EDUCATION, BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering with 5 + years experience
• Working knowledge of GMP requirements, design construction, construction safety, CQV processes (DQ/URS/FRS/DS/SDLC/FAT/SAT/IOPQ).
• Computer software skills; Rockwell Software process automation and graphical user interface applications, Wonderware, Siemens Apogee, OSIPi.
• Project knowledge – understand matrix organization, record keeping and planning skills; project management, time management.
• PLC and HMI programming of the major brands including Rockwell Automation, Allen Bradley, Omron, Mitsubishi, JC Controls and Siemens. Experience with additional brands will be considered an asset.
• 2 years of experience preferred with PLC networks, industrial networking, controls, distribution panels, breakers, and switches
• Strong analytical, communication (oral & written) and troubleshooting skills
• Knowledge of various types of control devices (pressure, temperature, flow etc.)
• Engineering working knowledge associated with controls such as: P&ID's, loop sheets, panel layouts, control narratives, logic diagrams, etc. Familiarity with national electrical code and standards (NEC, NFPA, UL), IEEE, ISA, ANSI, S88 Recipe Control. Electrical safety.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.