Sr. Director, Global Manufacturing Operations
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
Provide leadership for Manufacturing Operations across the Enterprise with a focus on One Operations leading harmonization of processes across manufacturing network. Work under the direction of the SVP, Manufacturing Operations and in close partnership with site leaders and managers. Evaluate and make recommendations on manufacturing strategy, annual goals and objectives, and long-range investment plans. Drives innovation around manufacturing systems and technology. Work in partnership with Business Units, global OPEX, SCM, Quality and Engineering. Manage the harmonization of global manufacturing processes across Emergent sites.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Evaluate and make recommendations on strategic decisions with significant impact to Emergent’s manufacturing network. Examples include, but may not be limited to:
- Manufacturing strategic philosophies (for example, site missions based on integrated supply chains vs. missions based on technology platforms)
- Manufacturing policies
- Capacity utilization, expansion, and rationalization
- Make/buy – facilitates site selection process
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Identifies manufacturing opportunities, bottlenecks and synergies. Provides recommendations and solutions including financial analysis and basic modeling.
- Coordinate with supply chain management to ensure that manufacturing policies are consistent with supply chain policies (i.e. target inventory levels are set with common understanding of OTIF targets and expected supply variability)
- Assists BU’s and SCM with external CDMO selection, tech transfer, and provides manufacturing expertise to assist in external CDMO management.
- Develop and implement processes / frameworks that allow manufacturing’s strategic direction to be regularly refreshed with the corporate planning cycle
- Ensure that Emergent’s capital portfolio is effectively allocated and aligned to corporate strategy.
- Develop common procedures and systems for dissemination of key information across the manufacturing sites
- In collaboration with OE, develop and deploy governance systems to allow for efficient management of the Emergent manufacturing network, KPIs, and Hoshin Plans
- Provide leadership on integration projects, i.e., SAP, plant maintenance,
- Leads cross functional teams as owner of Mfg Technology Roadmap
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
Minimum Education, Experience, Skills
- 15+ years experience in manufacturing processes preferably in biopharmaceutical and commercial processes in manufacturing
- B.S. degree or equivalent experience in engineering, biopharma or pharmaceutical manufacturing. An M.S, or MBA degree is preferred.
- Strong, clear experience in strategic management, planning and execution.
- A strong leader, communicator, and influencer.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Skills in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures.
- Experience in formulating, developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.