Analyst III, QA Batch Release
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
I. JOB SUMMARY
The Analyst III, QA is responsible for assisting and supporting, Quality Assurance activities in support of Phase I, II, III and commercial manufacturing of biotechnology products. This entry-level position is suitable for an employee who has a potential for growth and development in all areas of quality support such as supporting internal/external inspections, supply chain management, investigations and corrective and preventative actions.
The incumbent may interact with external CMO clients, senior leadership, direct manager, peers, internal customers and other cross functional peers across Emergent to gain alignment on sound quality decisions.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Support/execute QA on the Floor program
• Support/execute Raw Material release
• Support/execute Batch Record review of executed/Master Batch Records
• Support/execute revision and creation of Standard Operating Procedures in document management system
• Support internal customers in manufacturing, QC, Engineering and Facilities, Validation, Supply Chain, Procurement and QA
• Support QA oversite for incoming commercial and clinical projects
• Support cross functional teams made up of employees at various experience levels and provide input as needed on Quality/compliance issues.
• Support the generation of QA operations metrics
• Approve Quality Notifications (Deviations, CAPA’s and Change Controls)
• Exercise judgment within defined site procedures to determine appropriate action for resolution of technical issues
• Receive assignments in the form of objectives to help achieve department goals
• Support Quality Management systems as assigned (Training, Audits, Document Management, Supplier Quality)
• Participate in company sponsored training
• Support regulatory and client audits
• Provide Quality input/support to investigations, CAPA’s and changes
• Support site inspection readiness strategy and activities
• Support internal audits per audit schedule
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
III. MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
• BS degree or equivalent years of experience in the field.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience supporting GMP manufacturing; conducting facility/lab walkthroughs, supporting a QA on the Floor Program, releasing raw materials in SAP, identifying compliance risk and gaps, providing Quality input/oversight of potential manufacturing/lab deviations and performing batch record review on executed/master batch records
• Preferred experience in biologic drug substance manufacture
• Experienced in application of GMP principles, Minimum of 2 years in an FDA or other equivalent regulated industry.
• Strong computer skills with the Microsoft Office product line.
• Moderate understanding of regulations governing document control and records management.
• Ability to effectively communicate (orally and written) with all levels of personnel at multiple company locations.
• Experienced with US, EU and Canadian pharmaceutical regulations, ISO standards
• Strong communication skills: oral/written and listening
• Ability to work individually and in a team environment
• Ability to work under pressure and analyze processes within scheduled timeframes
• Strong presentation skills, including written and verbal communication skills
• Experience in SAP and Technical Writing
IV. PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT CHARACTERISTICS
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.