Sr HR Business Partner
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
The Senior HRBP independently partners with business leaders, connecting business needs with HR solutions by leveraging their HR expertise, multiple policies/programs, an enterprise first mindset, and strong, pragmatic judgement. The position facilitates HR business processes, including performance management, compensation, talent reviews and succession planning, employee development, leadership coaching, workforce planning, HRIS transactions, and conducting employee relations investigations. The position additionally leads projects and initiatives as needed.
• Consult with leaders and employees, providing guidance on workforce and business decisions.
• Engage HR Centers of Excellence to ensure delivery of scalable and effective workforce solutions.
• Guide leaders and employees through HR business processes (i.e., performance management, talent reviews, compensation analyses, etc.).
• Coach employees and leaders on employee relations issues, providing strategies and procedures relating to employee relations/performance issues.
• Investigate complex and/or high risk employee complaints/concerns; facilitate resolutions.
• Participate in candidate selection panels, and provide feedback and guidance to the hiring manager.
• Guide employees and leaders through HRIS self-service transactions. Perform other non-self-service HRIS transactions to help ensure data is updated.
• Develop and generate HRIS reports – including staffing, headcount, compensation, affirmative action reporting, etc.
• Ensure all compliance-related activities are completed on time and with high quality.
• Provides direction and recommendations on company policies and procedures, including the interpretation of requests to policy questions and exceptions.
• Create and maintain personnel files, ensuring all records are filed on a timely basis.
• Manage onboarding and offboarding processes.
• Collaborate with other team members to develop and lead local events.
• Maintain and follow SOX processes with regards to employee transactions.
• Provides special project support to HR leaders as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
Education, Experience & Skills
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
• HR designation/certification preferred
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant human resources experience. Exposure to various human resources functional areas required.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to influence across functions and levels.
• Demonstrated experience multi-tasking in a fast-paced work environment with changing priorities.
• Ability to analyze data and provide recommendations.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints.
• Knowledge of federal and state employment laws.
• Experience in executing HRIS processes, including reporting and auditing functions.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.