Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
I. JOB SUMMARY
Actively supervise/lead facility maintenance activities to ensure the safe and effective operation of facility systems including, but not limited to, GMP equipment, HVAC, steam generation devices, chillers and boilers.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Supervise and provide oversight of maintenance technicians.
• Provide guidance and drive the activities of the maintenance team to ensure facility systems are maintained to an industry standard per standard operating procedures and established protocols.
• Masterfully troubleshoot and perform the installation, maintenance, operation, repair, or upgrade of all facilities and GMP related equipment or systems that utilize electric, gas, hydraulic, mechanical, pneumatic, refrigeration, steam, and water within the limits of Maryland state law.
• Ensure proper subordinate training is available and utilized.
• Complete, review, and route for closure engineering work requests in accordance with “Good Documentation Practices” to assure compliance with GMP.
• Maintain and update equipment records, schematics, blueprints, and files.
• Perform and improve preventive maintenance activities.
• Author technical documentation from data gleaned from various sources.
• Assist in authoring deviations and/or change controls as directed.
• Approve providers of service contracts under the direction of site management.
• Maintain current knowledge and attend training to address regulations, including those of DLLR, MOSH, and licensing requirements that relate to Emergent mechanical systems.
• Plan maintenance activities including facility shut-down periods.
• Lead construction activities associated with capital projects as required.
• Provide periodic reports to manager regarding key facility systems.
• Ensure the performance of grounds related repairs and upkeep.
• Identify, and pursue, potential continued improvement activities.
• Maintain department repair parts stock and inventory.
• Work flexible hours and on all shifts as required.
• Work well with others, build and maintain positive employee relations.
• Will assist others in the Facilities & Maintenance department as needed.
Requires vaccination against different viruses including Vaccinia virus.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
III. MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
• HS Diploma/GED
• Desired Maryland Third Grade Stationary Engineering License
• Prior experience with general utility systems, boilers, electrical, HVAC and refrigeration systems.
• Must have the ability to multi-task and coordinate workload by priority.
• Must be customer service and quality driven.
• Prior experience in an environment that implemented and maintained advanced maintenance techniques such as preventive and predictive maintenance programs (TPM, Predictive Maintenance).
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.