Analyst I, QC Laboratory Services
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
This is a laboratory testing position with the major responsibilities being daily testing and laboratory maintenance tasks as well as basic animal husbandry and assistance in the animal facility.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Testing & Review
• Performs testing- Animal handling, vaccine and challenge injections
• Limited non-routine testing via protocol
• Limited peer review (calculations, logs, etc.)
Animal Care & Facility Support
• Daily care of animals (feeding, watering, observing)
• Perform technical assignments in care of animals such as weighing animals, recording weights, and euthanasia.
• Test set-up and coordination
• work in a biocontainment area
Quality Control Systems
• Basic understanding of compliance/guidance/regulations pertaining to assigned area
• Identifies and supports change and continuous improvement using LEAN practices such as 6S and Kaizen
• Support laboratory investigations using independent thought and collaboration
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
• Associate degree in Veterinary Technology or related bachelor’s degree preferred
• Licensed as a Veterinary Technician within the state of Michigan preferred
• 2 years of related experience with laboratory animals required
• Previous experience with Intradermal and Subcutaneous injections required
• An understanding of cGMP, CFR, USP, and aseptic processing guidelines is preferred
• Experience in an FDA/USDA regulated environment is preferred
• AALAS certification preferred
• Strong technical and communication skills: oral/written and listening
• Computer skills (MS Office, JMP statistical software, Visio, MS Project)
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.