Supervisor, Warehouse - 3rd Shift
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
- JOB SUMMARY
The Supervisor, Warehouse is accountable for the overall operations of the Warehouse during the shift, including inbound and outbound, inventory control, and material movement throughout the facility. The Supervisor, Warehouse, provides leadership and guidance to the shift team, overseeing the allocation of job duties, as well as performance. This position is 3rd Shift, Monday - Thursday.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensure incoming materials are received and managed appropriately according to procedure
- Verify material movement throughout the facility is in accordance with demand and production schedule
- Ensure outbound shipment are on-time and accurate; Champion safety and 5S
- Performance of cycle and physical counts to assure inventory accuracy
- Provide routine management information on inventory performance
- Make sure that all records are maintained in accordance with Emergent requirements
- Process Change Controls, Deviations, and CAPAs, as required
- Provide system oversight for the Non-Conforming Material (NCMR) process
- Ensure all Warehouse procedures are kept current and applicable to the operations of the Warehouse
- Ensure all Warehouse personnel are adequately trained for the duties assigned
- Maintain access, appearance, safety and control of the warehouse including cold rooms and freezers
- Demonstrate leadership through decision making and communication that is focused on Emergent’s vision and values
- Ensure efficient cooperation, coordination and integration between the department and other business units
- Coach and develop personnel to enhance current performance and provide guidance as needed
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
III. MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum of 5 years warehouse experience; pharmaceutical (cGMP) preferred
- Minimum of 2 years warehouse leadership experience
- 3-plus years of SAP experience in a warehouse or distribution environment
- Knowledge of lean principles such as 5S, 8 wastes, leader standard work, and 5 whys
- Strong leadership and communication skills, and demonstrated application of teamwork principles
- Good judgment, professional maturity, and analytical skills
- Ability to identify, synthesize, and act upon strategic information and changes within the environment
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks in a dynamic environment
- Must have strong attention to detail
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.