Sr Manager, Facilities
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
Sr Manager of Facilities Services leads the day-to-day operations within the entire Facility Services group. Individual provides direct oversight to the General Maintenance, Manufacturing Support, and Facility Resource Planning groups. Ensures facilities, equipment, and infrastructure are operating in a state of control meeting cGMP requirements.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Responsible for the day-to-day operations within the entire Facility Services group
• Provide direct oversight to the General Maintenance, Manufacturing Support, and Facility Resource Planning groups
• Ensures facility and infrastructure systems are maintained in accordance with best industry practices
• Leads Reliability Centered Maintenance programs
• Responsible for all Quality Systems work within the department (Deviations, CAPAs, Biennial and routine SOP revisions, Change Controls)
• Plans departmental goals and objectives
• Assign resources to projects and initiatives
• Responsible for departmental budgets
• Leads cross-functional teams in the planning and execution of annual campus Manufacturing Shutdown(s)
• Promotes professional development of staff through on-site and off-site coaching, mentoring, and training
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
• 10+ years of experience in a biopharmaceutical environment with at least 7+ years in a leadership role
• Employment history should show a progressive increase in responsibility
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Science, Engineering, or related field is preferred
• A working knowledge of preventive and predictive maintenance technology (vibration, infrared, and ultrasonic analysis, etc.)
• The ability to develop and manage good working relationships with internal departments, contractors, suppliers, and inspectors
• Experience with budget preparation and scheduling
• SAP (plant maintenance) and Lean/Six Sigma experience are a plus
• Prior cGMP experience is strongly preferred
• Prior experience with SAP preferred
• Proficiency in Microsoft Project, Word, and Excel
• Excellent organization and communication skills
• Project management skills are essential
• Must have the ability to multi-task and coordinate workload by priority.
• Must be customer service and quality driven
• Working knowledge of the following maintenance functions:
- Boiler Operations/Steam Distribution
- General Mechanical Troubleshooting/Repairs
- Critical Utilities
- Campus Grounds upkeep
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.