Sr. Manager, Supply Chain
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
The Global Supply Chain at Emergent is a matrixed organization utilizing SAP as our ERP system. We work both in horizontal workstreams across our network as well as site verticals to enable manufacturing operations. The Materials Management role reports to the Sr. Director of Supply Chain MD / Network Warehousing and is accountable for the day to day performance of the Supply Chain workstreams at the site. It maintains a solid line reporting structure to the site warehouse operation while maintaining dotted line oversite responsibilities for the other work streams such as Planning, Procurement, Logistics and Master Data.
The Sr. Manager will develop both strategic and tactical operating plans to ensure that the site has the appropriate resources and direction to support day to day forecasted business, projected growth, and the site Hoshin Plans. This role works cross functionally within the site to ensure plans are achieved. This role can work/lead broader network initiatives in order to achieve the corporation’s objectives.
This role is an active member of the site SLT and a member of the extended leadership team in the Global Supply Chain.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for the Management of the site warehouse operation ensuring processes are adhered to for material receipts through material supply to the various manufacturing suites
- Oversight day to day management of all production Planning, Procurement, Logistics and Master Data functionalities in accordance with cGMP regulations
- Responsible for all Transportation and Logistics as required to support the shipment of product as well as other materials including pre-clinical/clinical products, samples, or equipment
- Budget responsibility / accountability for department cost centers
- Supply Chain Management SME for Regulatory inspections for outgoing Manufacturing operations and PAI submissions
- Facilitates Sales & Operations Planning (S & OP) for 18 month rolling forecast of Manufacturing activities and Delivery expectations as driven by current demand
- Provide system oversight for Sarbanes Oxley process controls for Supply Chain Management responsibilities
- Process Change Controls, Deviations, and CAPA’s, as required
- Provide system oversight for the Non-Conforming Material (NCMR) process
- Create a team-oriented environment and provide coaching and mentoring
- Encourage implementation of Industry Best Practices for Supply Chain activities
- Support / Maintain Master Production Schedule including oversight and adherence to delivery schedule
- Provide oversight and monitor adherence of Sarbanes Oxley process controls and segregation of duties
- Maintain business operation procedures and work instructions (process flow diagrams and instructional guides) for critical Production Planning activities
- Develop effective metrics, KPI’s and monitoring programs to assure constant vigilance with respect to Supplier Performance
- Maintain collaborative relationships with Manufacturing, Quality, Validation and Facilities Maintenance to assure the complete scope of Planning activities remains connected with other tangential business operations and compliant with Quality requirements
Culture Management and Management Development:
- Collaborate with Emergent Executive Management to build effective teams through common understanding of Company goals, objectives, communication tools and committee structures.
- Actively support Management Development Programs through participation and ensuring participation of area management under scope of responsibility.
- Integrate Situational Leadership II principles and Performance Management tools throughout Manufacturing Operations Management.
- •Actively drive communication of expectations and tools with respect to critical business activities
- Ensure maximum compliance with current Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Distribution Practices, MiOSHA, OSHA, USDA, and other areas of mandatory regulatory oversight.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
- Possess at a minimum, a Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Operations Management or other related field
- APICS Certification desired
- Minimum of 10 years of demonstrated Supply Chain Management experience across all workstreams
- Employment history should show a progressive increase in management responsibility within a Supply Chain Organization
- Prior Biopharmaceutical, pharmaceutical or chemical manufacturing experience preferred
- Prior Cold Chain distribution experience required
- Knowledge of warehousing operations in a cGMP manufacturing environment as well as solid knowledge and experience in Planning, Procurement, Logistics and Integrated systems.
- The ideal candidate will have excellent written and oral communication abilities. Must be able to present complex theoretical concepts and empirical performance data effectively to a variety of audiences.
- Must exhibit strong leadership skills with particular emphasis on relationship development
- This individual should be a person of unquestionable integrity and a team player who has a track record of winning the confidence and trust of colleagues
- Excellent Analytical skills with a high attention to detail
- Knowledgeable in DOT and Dangerous Goods Shipping regulations
- Knowledgeable in Export documentation and controls
- Ability to effectively maintain a culture of continuous improvement is essential
- Extensive experience with industry-standard software applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- SAP experience strongly desired including implementations / improvement initiatives
- Comfort working in a matrixed environment
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.