Director, Supply Chain
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
Reporting directly to the Sr. Director of Maryland Supply Chain and dotted line to the Site Director / VP at Camden, the Director, Supply Chain, is responsible for the functions of Materials Planning, Procurement, Production Scheduling, Inventory Management, Distribution and Logistics. The Director oversees and manages the Supplier Quality Management programs, Sales and Operations Planning, Master Production Scheduling and ERP, to support over 30 CDMO clients and over 50 product presentations. This role will be a key interface with internal and external stakeholders to achieve strategic product supply requirements. The Director will be part of the Camden leadership team, accountable to ensure cGxP compliance to support site and company-wide growth.
- Develops operational plans in collaboration with other site management to ensure alignment of SOP, site and cross-department goals and establishment of effective project plans and resource allocation.
- Provides strategic guidance, executes strategic plans and monitors their progress.
- Leads Supply Chain, (including Procurement, Scheduling, Inventory, Product Delivery, and Vendor Management) functions, and ensures effective operational results and timely product delivery.
- Increases quality awareness and “Right First Time” approach, and supports implementation of effective quality systems.
- Optimize COGs by controlling costs, labor, competitive pricing, lean management.
- Manages risk and loss prevention.
Financial & Resource Management
- Manages budgets, operating expenditures and human resources.
- Ensures that business operations meet or exceed financial targets for revenue and expenses.
- Develops annual budgets.
- Prioritizes and approves relevant capital expenditures.
- Optimizes management and use of company material, human and other resources by increasing efficiency and reducing waste.
Human Resource Management
- Participates in selection of key leaders and in leadership development initiatives.
- Evaluates staff in accordance with expected results and the company’s values.
- Supports training and professional development of employees.
- Leads culture management and related initiatives.
- Builds culture that achieves employee engagement, efficiency, effectiveness, accountability, customer service, productive work relations, and sound communications
- Manages and empowers staff by building a culture that attracts, sustains and motivates a diverse staff of top quality people devoted to our core values.
- Oversee select 3rd party contract and/or partner organizations and resources
- Establishes sustained, productive and effective relations with customers/suppliers.
- Represents department during regulatory audits.
- Works closely with functional managers to optimize customer satisfaction.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
• Possess at a minimum, a Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Operations Management or other related field, Master’s Degree preferred
• APICS Certification desired
• Minimum of 10 years of demonstrated Supply Chain Management experience across all workstreams
• Employment history should show a progressive increase in management responsibility within a Supply Chain Organization
• Prior Biopharmaceutical, pharmaceutical or chemical manufacturing experience preferred
• Prior Cold Chain distribution experience required
• Knowledge of warehousing operations in a cGMP manufacturing environment as well as solid knowledge and experience in Planning, Procurement, Logistics and Integrated systems.
• The ideal candidate will have excellent written and oral communication abilities. Must be able to present complex theoretical concepts and empirical performance data effectively to a variety of audiences.
• Must exhibit strong leadership skills with particular emphasis on relationship development
• This individual should be a person of unquestionable integrity and a team player who has a track record of winning the confidence and trust of colleagues
• Excellent Analytical skills with a high attention to detail
• Knowledgeable in DOT and Dangerous Goods Shipping regulations
• Knowledgeable in Export documentation and controls
• Ability to effectively maintain a culture of continuous improvement is essential
• Extensive experience with industry-standard software applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
• SAP experience strongly desired including implementations / improvement initiatives
• Comfort working in a matrixed environment
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.