Business Architect, Operations
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
I. JOB SUMMARY
The Business Architect will define the to-be operating model for Emergent Operations.
The Business Architect will engage with business SMEs and develop a roadmap to future state by aligning technical solutions with business needs and supporting its execution.
This role can be remote.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Apply a structured business architecture approach and methodology to define the operating model consisting of strategic, core and support processes in operations and interaction of the processes with internal partners and external partners/ systems
- Advocate and drive adoption of “best practices” to ensure standardization of business processes across operations
- Define initiatives to support strategic objectives and business outcomes
- Shape demand and demonstrate the “art of the possible” by leveraging new technologies to drive greater business value.
- Support process and solution innovation to improve levels of automation, efficiency and compliance
- Develop business case to prioritize initiatives and define 3 to 5-year operations digital roadmap
- Support annual strategic projects prioritization and funding and quarterly reprioritization based on changing business priorities
- Collaborate with solution delivery team on approach/architecture development in cooperation with the enterprise, data, and technology architects
- Support development of consistent business-architectures aligned with solution architectures for given requirements and context throughout all IT architecture layers (data, application, and technology)
- Support the specification and selection of information system solutions, considering functionality, data, security, integration, infrastructure and performance
- Facilitate assessment of new software solutions and POCs
- During ideation, serve as liaison between business and application delivery team
- Support development teams and partners to deliver solutions and track benefits realization
- Responsibilities will span all functional areas within operations and sites
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
III. MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
- Master’s degree and 8 years of Information Systems experience OR Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of Information Systems experience
- 10-12 years demonstrable experience of designing and supporting implementation of intercompany supply chain, manufacturing and quality processes and technologies in life sciences industry
- 7-10 years of consulting experience with exposure to digital roadmap definition, business case development, design workshop facilitation and business architecture development
- Experience modeling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques
- Extensive experience planning and deploying both business and IT initiatives
- Comprehensive knowledge of software design and architectural principles and practices, and software development methodologies
- Strong leadership/consultative, collaboration, project management, service delivery and process improvement skills to facilitate alignment across multiple global geographies, functional teams and leaders
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization
- Detailed understanding or ERP Landscape and integrated systems like Advanced Planning Systems, MES, Automation, QMS, DMS, LIMS and Analytics platform
- Experience in global SAP (ECC/S4) and MES deployment is a plus
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.