Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
The CAD Technician will manage the site drawings while adhering to CAD standards and policies. Provide support to the site with other graphic art related activities and provide project engineering support on small projects.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• In conjunction with the project engineering, create and adhere to project budgets and schedules and monitors project for compliance to budget
• Use software to create detailed 2D or 3D designs for simple projects
• Collaborate with others to establish schedule, budgets, as well as solve problems
• Design, develop and engineer high quality models using 3D and 2D CAD tools.
• Interact with architect and engineer as necessary to obtain critical design information necessary to complete project within intended time frame.
• Assist in implementation of CAD engineering applications.
• Perform work in accordance with internal SOPS and good engineering practices, and ensuring compliance with regulations such as GAMP, CGMP, MOSH, EPA, DEQ and applicable state, local and federal codes
• Prepares project engineering RFPs related to small scopes of work
• Responsible for transforming rough design drawings into working documents
• Responsible for creating engineering drawings and designs that adhere to the established standards
• Perform CAD services or works on behalf of the company with the Project Engineer to ensure the CAD services provided on a project meet the company requirements and follow the appropriate CAD standards
• Develop design specification and cost estimates for automation scope of work
• Develop and implement training programs for automated system to transfer knowledge to other functions on equipment/systems
• Possess and apply a broad knowledge of automation principles, practices, and procedures to complete difficult assignments.
• Responsible for assigning work stations for departments.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
• Associates Degree in related field or 2 years experience supporting engineering or maintenance activities
• 2 years of experience with CAD
• Basic understanding of facilities, systems, and infrastructure within an industrial setting
• Must be flexible, adaptable to changing priorities, and achieve quality and timely results
• Strong oral, written, and listening communication skills
• Desire to continue to promote personal development
• Proficient with computer applications such as Microsoft Suite
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.