Sr Business Analyst Lab Informatics
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
I. JOB SUMMARY
The Sr. Business Analyst, Lab Informatics responsibilities are to serve as a liaison between the business and IT to identify and address business technology needs. They will be responsible for analyzing requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and enable integration from lab instruments to enterprise solutions. This position will translate business requirements, information, and data into functional specifications and visualized system solutions as well as support the implementation and testing of the solutions (LIMS, SDMS, Chromatography, Instrument Software). The Sr. Business Analyst will also assist the business to support global solutions and partner with the business units for ongoing process or technical enhancements. This is a remote/ virtual role.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Collaborate with business partners for new or existing applications across manufacturing quality control and R&D lab informatics to identify strategic opportunities and set goals for product, process, or service improvements
- Provide strategic down to detailed project delivery business analysis services for projects/initiatives across lab informatics
- Lead and/or collaborate on new IT application or major enhancement solution design and architecture development in lab informatics
- Lead elicitation of functional requirements and workflow development for large or complex business needs/projects across quality control and R&D labs, critically evaluate for relevancy to business outcomes desired, and be strong contributor to overall solution design direction
- Contribute scientific knowledge, analytical skills, and interpretation of the information captured from the business to enhance solution documentation
- Lead elicitation of technical requirements and partner with IT team members to design and implement interfaces in adherence to Emergent technical and security architecture
- Analyze variety of business requirements and translate to functional design and mockups considering enterprise-wide solutions and cross-application impacts
- Collaborate with vendors and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability, global harmonization, and performance needs
- Liaison between the customer and other IT teams
- Lead effort with vendor for development of SOWs on small to medium sized initiatives
- Manage small through medium size implementation contracts and hold vendors accountable for delivery against contract language, expectations, and budget
- Project IT Lead for small and medium size projects for entire lifecycle from initiation and planning through execution; stakeholder management at all levels of the organization; maintaining clear project focus to business outcomes by entire team; manages project financials; effectively utilizes project team members to fullest potential and holds all team members accountable for their deliverables and timelines
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors throughout project lifecycle
- Provide application support for variety of lab informatics solutions based on business needs including enhancement analysis, configuration, administration, archiving, and break-fix support.
- Manages system testing to adhere to compliance and IT standards from engagement with the business to documenting test conditions and developing test scripts. Responsible for overall coordination and planning of testing by the business and ownership for the success of testing.
- Assists business with identification of training requirements; collaborates with the business on design of training
- Analyzes new business demand to assess whether an existing solution within Emergent could meet the requirements or if desired business outcomes have potential to meet a global capabilities opportunity.
III. MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
- Excellent business process analysis skills to assess user requirements against system capabilities to create design documentation for business communication and technical development
- Proven leadership and project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Strong scientific knowledge and analytical skills required to interpret customer business needs and pain points, to define and translate into a software solution to meet needs
- Prior experience in life sciences laboratory processes with familiarity in QC lab processes, workflows, and scientific terminologies
- Experience in using enterprise-wide requirements definition and management systems and methodologies
- Self-starter with ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Knowledge of lab analytics and programming tool capabilities a benefit (SAS, JMP, R, Python, C languages)
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.