Technical Evaluation and Proposals Specialist
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
I: Job Summary
The Technical Evaluations & Proposals role (level TBD) is an integral member of the CDMO BU Commercial Development team responsible for generating biologic development services, drug substance and drug product proposals (individualized and integrated offerings) varying from budgetary estimates to detailed work statement (binding contract) scopes in order to fulfill specific customer requirements. They will provide the technical fit assessments of customer requirements and work with the subject matter experts across multiple sites globally to deliver a high quality, robust proposal with industry leading technical and commercial value propositions that meet the Customer’s program expectations. This role will partner with Sales & BD in initial, pre-proposal issuance, post proposal issuance and customer calls / site visits to close business. The role will be responsible for working with the key internal colleagues, using costing and timeline tools, to generate approved program pricing and timelines.
• Evaluate RFI/RFPs and discuss with prospective Customers as necessary to ensure a technical understanding of Customers’ needs and for development of an appropriate proposal strategy and approach.
• Provide technical assessment/recommendation of potential project opportunities to Director of Commercial Development and members of the CDMO BU team.
• Generate detailed proposals across our offerings of Development Services, Drug Substance, Drug Product inclusive of mammalian, microbial, viral, plasma and advanced therapies (cell & gene therapy) to support clinical and commercial needs of our Pharma & Biotech customers:
• Includes services: Pre-Clinical Development, Phase I, II, III, Process validation through Commercialization
• Support revising scope with subject matter experts & driving the program from proposal to contract signature.
• Work with Sales & Business Management, Commercial Development to determine program pricing that allows the company to ensure proper profitability based on % margins for work scoped.
• Support Customer calls by presenting the proposal and speak to EBSI’s breadth of services and provide options for technical services which meet the Customer’s needs.
• Ability to read, write and understand contractual terms along with exceptional proposal development skills
• Act as the liaison between the technical team and the customer.
• Proactive proposal pipeline management while managing critical proposal development process
• Deliver against commitments to manage customer expectations for proposals and estimates
• Evaluate CDMO tech eval and proposal process and implement continuous improvement initiatives
• Assist with costing and pricing analysis for opportunity funnel
• Submit tracking required reports and correspondence on a timely basis as requested by management.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
III: Education, Experience & Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering / Scientific Discipline, biologics preferred
• Previous Customer facing interaction required
• 4-6 years of bio/pharmaceutical R&D and / or manufacturing industry experience, CDMO
• 3-5 years of technical evaluation & proposals experience preferred
• A fundamental understanding of Biologics / Biologics development and manufacturing and drug development lifecycle required
• Extremely detail oriented, organized and structured
• Excellent organizational and personal time management skills
• Proficient in MS Project, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word
• Salesforce CRM experience preferred but not required
• Relevant skill set in program management, sales, business or technical experience is highly valued for consideration.
• Required - Ability to travel (≤ 25%) and work non-standard hours (flexible management)
• Strong Customer-facing interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills and abilities.
• Strong interpersonal, oral and written communications skills.
• Strong analytical ability, detailed oriented, self-disciplined, and demands high-quality results.
• Ability to work effectively in a matrix-team environment, proactive and can prioritize in an entrepreneurial environment.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.