Manufacturing Associate (MA I)
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
I. JOB SUMMARY
Job activities include the preparation of equipment and components for aseptic filling operations, performing visual inspection of filled vials, vial labeling, vial packaging and distribution of filled vials as per GMP regulations.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Execute daily tasks according to standard operating procedures in support of filling operations such as washing, cleaning and sterilizing equipment and components.
• Participate in the inspection, labeling and packaging of filled vials.
• Recording of activities in batch related documentation or equipment logbooks in accordance with good documentation practices.
• Qualifies as an aseptic operator for the participation of filling activities using isolator technology.
• Respects and adheres to all applicable health, safety and environmental policies promoting a safe workplace to prevent or reduce injuries.
Requires vaccination against different viruses including Vaccinia virus.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
III. MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
• BS/BA in Biology, Chemistry, or related discipline
• 0-2 years’ experience in a GMP facility or High School Diploma and at least 2 years’ experience in a GMP facility.
• Good interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
• Previous experience working with aseptic technique and good documentation practices preferred.
• Must be able to follow cGMP regulations during operations including adherence to written procedure and contemporaneous documentation.
• Must be able to record data accurately and legibly.
• Demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
• Ability to perform in a team setting in a controlled environment for long periods of time.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.