Sr. Manager, Operational Excellence
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
- JOB SUMMARY
The Industrial Engineer Program Manager, Operational Excellence supports the development and deployment of the site OE strategy. This individual works with a broad range of Emergent leadership, management, staff, and stakeholders to drive process improvement, the development of Emergent OE capabilities, and support efforts dedicated to Emergent’s OE/Lean business and cultural transformation.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Establish and maintain a site-wide culture of continuous improvement and Operations Excellence including Site Leadership level policy deployment and tiered interactions.
- Leads and drives OE-related practices and interventions, in particular those associated with Tier 1-3 meeting effectiveness, problem-solving, waste reduction and first-time-right execution.
- Manage Operational Excellence training programs and events throughout the site (DMAIC, A3 Problem Solving, First Time Quality, etc.) assuring training and events support site goals for continuous improvement.
- Manage Operational Excellence programs and efforts at the site for short- and long-term goals achievement assuring culture and systems development in support of continuous improvement in cost and quality performance.
- Design and deploy sustainable systems for tracking and reporting of results from Operational Excellence activities, including progress to plan and financial impacts.
- Introduces, facilitates, train and assures sustainability of 6S practices across all physical workspaces.
- Act as a coach mentor on Lean Continuous Improvement culture, techniques, and best practices.
- Act as a change agent promoting excellence and innovative thinking with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Acts as Project Manager for planning and execution of Operational Excellence projects leading cross-functional teams of site leaders, management, and subject matter experts.
- Provides advice and support to site management team in the selection and prioritization of site OE deliverables and projects.
- Execute communication strategy in support of the site’s Operational Excellence culture.
- Facilitate and support the Hoshin planning process and incorporates Lean Transformation roadmap in order to achieve the site strategic goals.
- Participates as a member of the Operational Excellence Core team with representatives from all sites.
- Support peers at other sites in Operational Excellence deployment.
- Support the harmonization of Operational Excellence systems across sites.
- Leads and supports cross-functional Operational Excellence training and development.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze Operational Excellence reporting metrics.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
III. MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineer with demonstrated practical experience with Lean fundamentals and Lean Strategy deployment. Equivalent combination of skills, training, and experience considered
- 3-5 years in a full-time dedicated OE role
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in deploying or managing projects in a regulated environment such as cGMP preferred
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification required
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Advanced skills in statistical analysis
- Demonstrated skill and experience in problem solving and analysis
- Solid knowledge of lean concepts and tools
- Ability to produce results through influential authority
- Ability to manage cross functionally with direct and indirect influence
- Strong skills in adapting lean tools to suit operational requirements
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.