Sr. Principal Scientist Fermentation/Lyo
Arranta Bio is a rapidly growing and dynamic bio-pharmaceutical contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO). Our vision is to be the best in class CDMO providing development and GMP manufacturing services to microbiome innovators within the pharmaceutical industry. Therapies focused on the human microbiome are exhibiting incredible potential towards revolutionizing disease etiology and associated medical treatments. Arranta Bio’s mission is to build a world class organization which provides microbiome bio-pharmaceutical innovators with a single source of supply from early process development through clinical and commercial GMP finished product.
WHO ARE WE
Arranta hires people who are committed and passionate to the goal of bringing life enhancing products to patients. We want top talent who will render ideas and a relentless desire towards accomplishing our mission; when a job becomes a passion, it makes you feel ALIVE.
Here at Arranta Bio, we embrace ALIVE – our core values that we live and breathe daily! We are Agile, Leading, Innovating, Value Creating, and Engaging.
We embrace our challenges as opportunities.
We are empowered to think and act.
We never settle; we strive to improve through purposeful creativity.
We build aligned teams who learn, grow, and deliver.
We are committed to building strong relationships.
Are you ready to come ALIVE with a daring and intrepid team? Don’t wait another minute; Apply today!
The Principal Scientist will lead the research team and be the SME on fermentation and lyophilization Staying up to date with best practices and advancements in research is anticipated and should result in creative and inspiring suggestions for alternative methodology and processes. They will lead in solving complex problems by applying current best technical practices and be able to connect cross-functionally to leverage methodologies used in other fields as well as own. The Principal Scientist will demonstrate a sense of urgency in the work while maintaining respect for best practices and an understanding for the importance and applicability of quality and controls in development activities. The problem solving, data analysis and interpretation will be focused, data driven and result in thorough documentation and pointed technical reports suitable for executive management. The Principal Scientist will be well versed in internal and external best practices, lead internal and external projects, and be the research expert in interactions with company colleagues. It is expected he/she will continuously improve operational effectiveness and participate actively in the recruitment of technical staff to maintain an effective level of technical ability for all business requirements.
• Plan and coordinate process development, manufacturing and tech transfer activities to support fermentation and lyophilization development
• Direct and assist in the organization, planning, and reporting of PD activities.
• Direct and assist in developing novel methodologies or optimizing existing techniques.
• Analyze and interpret data collected by other team members and create reports and presentations.
• Ensure PD deliverables are met in a timely manner.
• Perform other duties as assigned by leadership
• Perform process monitoring, data analysis and data presentation in team meetings
• Perform hands-on process development activities relating to fermentation, harvest, and lyophilization
• Supporting the team in the set-up, operation, and associated analysis of microbial bioreactor processes
• General operations such as bioreactor building/sterilization, cleanup and turnover of bioreactors to maintain a set run schedule
• Design and development of scalable fermentation processes for a variety of anaerobic microbes
• Contributing to implement appropriate release specifications for the components of the drug substance as well as the final drug product
Experience and Skills
· B.S. or M.S. degree in Bio-process Engineering or Bioscience, or related field with 12+ years of industry experience, or a PhD degree with 5+. Industry experience is preferred.
· Experience with mid to large scale fermentation is necessary.
· Experience with lyophilization development is needed
· Experience with development of formulations is highly desired.
· Experience with scale up, large-scale bio-manufacture and cGMP is a plus.
· Ability to independently design experiments, analyze complex data and interpret and present experimental results is required.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
· The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
· The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
· In the performance of the duties of this job the employee is not required to travel
· The employee will be required to communicate using telephone and e-mail.
- Phone reimbursement policy for qualified individuals
- Free parking
- Highly competitive healthcare with many plan options:
- Medical (HMO/PPO/EPO)
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Up to 10 weeks of 100% paid maternity leave
- 2 weeks of 100% paid paternity, domestic partner, & adoption leave
- Educational assistance program
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 100% match on first 5% deferred.
- A suite of Arranta Bio paid insurance coverage, including life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- Employee Referral program
- Competitive PTO plan, in addition to 10 company paid holidays (includes 2 floating holidays)