Senior Scientist, Cell Culture Process Development
We are currently searching for a Senior Scientist, Cell Culture Process Development to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC, and is on-site in Gaithersburg, MD.Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead development of cell culture processes for clinical vaccine or therapeutic candidates and the process tech transfer to the VCMP for clinical grade material generation for the program
- The vaccine candidates may include viral vaccines, recombinant proteins and/or virus-like particles, or monoclonal antibodies.
- The cell culture processes may include process development and scale up of mammalian cell expression systems.
- Planning, designing and overseeing the execution of experimentation leading to the development of a robust process amicable for toxicological grade material generation and scalable for efficient cGMP production at VCMP.
- Serve as SME for tech transfer deliverables, regulatory submissions and project planning.
- Draft and review technical documents such as process descriptions, batch records and support regulatory submissions.
- Capture process descriptions and results in lab notebooks and other technical documents that may drive SOP generation, review, and approval.
- Lead and train a team of associate scientists to develop processes requiring operation of bioreactors and other cell culture equipment.
- Manage team and cell culture project schedules through coordination with project management, cell line development and downstream processing groups.
- Participate in project and laboratory meetings, keep current with compliance obligations, and be responsible for maintenance of the laboratory and equipment.
- Contribute results and studies for conferences and publication in peer reviewed journals.
- Ph.D. in a Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or other life sciences with the following level of experience is preferred. M.S. degree with an additional four (4) years of industry experience will be considered. Additional requirements include:
- Minimum five (5) years of experience with mammalian cell culture in an academic or industry setting.
- At least two (2) years of experience with cell culture development for manufacturing processes, involving the following:
- Established expertise with glass vessel and single use bioreactors systems.
- Experience with AMBR (either 15 or 250) systems is a plus.
- Experience with perfusion is desirable, but not required.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities through either team leadership roles or mentoring graduate or undergraduate students.
- Demonstration of contributions to relevant fields through peer-reviewed journal publications.
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.