Senior Materials Management Associate, Supply Chain
Fate Therapeutics is currently seeking a motivated individual to lead raw material management at Fates manufacturing facility. Individual will be responsible for leading the receiving, inspecting, disposition, and stocking cGMP and non-GMP supplies for cGMP manufacturing and Process Development activities at Fate. Individual will perform shipping, cycle counts, data entry activities to maintain a cGMP inventory system thus ensuring all our departments have adequate access to the materials they need. Fates development programs involve novel cell therapeutic products which present unique product manufacturing and quality opportunities. The successful candidate will have a background working with cell therapies. This is a full-time position reporting to the Manager, Materials Management and is located at our corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA.
- Perform materials management operations, including receiving, storage, shipment, inventory management, and order processing of all materials for Fate internal and external manufacturing.
- Collaborate with laboratory and manufacturing personnel to ensure effective management of raw materials supply to support in-house and external manufacturing operations.
- Lead the distribution of materials and stock inventory for in-house GMP manufacturing and laboratory suites.
- Work with the electronic and paper-based inventory system to manage/release GMP materials for production.
- Complete daily inventory transactions.
- Coordinate and perform disposition of all expired materials and maintain applicable documentation.
- Monitor temperature conditions of refrigerators, freezers, and room temperature storage of cGMP materials. This includes responding to alarms (on-call), as necessary.
- Perform equipment maintenance, as necessary.
- Perform inventory cycle count and physical count.
- Perform accurate inventory transaction in logbooks and inventory management system.
- Develop or modify Standard Operating Procedures for material management processes, as needed.
- Cross-train in all material management actives such as shipping, stocking, kitting, receiving, and sample submission.
- Ensure that all documentation and materials transactions are completed following Good Documentation Practices.
- Lead the preparation of outbound shipments, including but not limited to: Preparation and maintenance of records and preparation goods for final shipment.
- Collaborate with Manufacturing, Quality Control, and Quality Assurance in supporting internal and external materials management operations, and resolution of issues.
- Lead efforts to resolutions of Non-conformance, deviations, or out of specification reports.
- Create purchase orders and purchase requests as necessary to meet operational needs.
- Assist in kit building for external manufacturing activities as needed.
- Adhere to appropriate PPE and safety rules.
- Assist on other tasks as necessary.
- Bachelors Degree and a minimum of 5 years of related experience in a regulated materials management environment in biotech or life sciences
- GMP experience from Pharma/Biotech/ industries required, preferably with cell therapies
- Excellent communicator, with strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Expert computer skills in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, and the ability to quickly and easily learn new applications
- Knowledge of inventory management systems
- Strong attention to detail
- Good collaborative and team-oriented skills to work well with the rest of the organization
- Able to adjust to workload on an always changing fast pace environment
- Able to work in a collaborative environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- May need to work with hazardous materials
- Must be able to lift, carry, push and/or pull 50 pounds of equipment or supplies
- 100% on-site work at corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA
- Evening and weekend work as necessary
The preceding job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Additional and incidental duties related to the primary duties may be required.
About Fate Therapeutics, Inc.
Fate Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of first-in-class cellular immunotherapies for patients with cancer. The Company has established a leadership position in the clinical development and manufacture of universal, off-the-shelf cell products using its proprietary induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) product platform. The Company’s immuno-oncology pipeline includes off-the-shelf, iPSC-derived natural killer (NK) cell and T-cell product candidates, which are designed to synergize with well-established cancer therapies, including immune checkpoint inhibitors and monoclonal antibodies, and to target tumor-associated antigens using chimeric antigen receptors (CARs). The Company’s pipeline also includes ProTmune™, a pharmacologically modulated, donor cell graft that is currently being evaluated in a Phase 2 clinical trial for the prevention of graft-versus-host disease in patients with hematologic malignancies undergoing allogeneic stem cell transplant. Fate Therapeutics is headquartered in San Diego, CA. For more information, please visit www.fatetherapeutics.com.