Senior Research Associate / Research Associate, Cancer Immunotherapy
Fate Therapeutics Cancer Immunotherapy group is seeking a motivated individual with experience in cancer biology, immunology, cell biology or related field to join a multidisciplinary team dedicated to the discovery of novel off-the-shelf cellular therapeutics for the treatment of cancer. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the development of novel chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T cell products, including the derivation of multiplex engineered off-the-shelf CAR-T cells, generated from induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs). The individual will characterize the phenotype and function of iPSC-derived T cells, and investigate and identify desirable engineered modalities for the next generation off-the-shelf CAR-T cells. The individual will work in close coordination with molecular biology, cellular engineering, and process development groups. This is a full-time, bench-level position reporting to a Scientist, Cancer Immunotherapy and is located at the Companys corporate headquarters in San Diego, California.
- Support the investigation, development, and employment of novel strategies to enhance T cell function for the next generation iPSC-derived T cells
- Differentiate and characterize off- the-shelf, iPSC-derived T cells
- Conduct routine phenotypic characterization using flow cytometry
- Conduct routine immune cell functional assays, including proliferation, cytokine release, real time in vitro killing, and in vivo or ex vivo tumor killing and persistence assays
- Support the development of novel in vitro assays and in vivo models
- Contribute to laboratory maintenance activities including ordering and maintaining stocks of reagents
- Analyze data with opportunities to present to immunotherapy groups and larger program-specific teams
- BS/MS degree in Biology, Cell Biology or related fields with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Experience contributing to projects in immunology or cancer biology
- Extensive hands-on mammalian cell culture experience and excellent sterile techniques are required
- Hands-on experience with multi-color flow cytometry is strongly preferred
- Experience with immune cell functional assays is a plus
- Experience with CAR-T cells is a plus
- Knowledge on T cell development, T cell signal transduction, or cancer immunotherapy is a plus
- Excellent organization, communication, and data analysis skills Work Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Will require working with cells and cell lines of human and/or animal origins
- Occasional evening and weekend work will be required
- 100% on-site work at the corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA
The preceding job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Additional and incidental duties related to the primary duties may be required.
About Fate Therapeutics, Inc.
Fate Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of first- in-class cellular immunotherapies for patients with cancer. The Company has established a leadership position in the clinical development and manufacture of universal, off-the-shelf cell products using its proprietary induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) product platform. The Company’s immuno-oncology pipeline includes off-the-shelf, iPSC-derived natural killer (NK) cell and T-cell product candidates, which are designed to synergize with well-established cancer therapies, including immune checkpoint inhibitors and monoclonal antibodies, and to target tumor-associated antigens using chimeric antigen receptors (CARs). The Company’s pipeline also includes ProTmune™, a pharmacologically modulated, donor cell graft that is currently being evaluated in a Phase 2 clinical trial for the prevention of graft- versus-host disease in patients with hematologic malignancies undergoing allogeneic stem cell transplant. Fate Therapeutics is headquartered in San Diego, CA. For more information, please visit www.fatetherapeutics.com.