Program & Alliance Manager, Academic Collaborations
Fate is seeking an experienced program and alliance manager to manage our academic collaborations. This position will work closely with internal teams and our external partners to ensure success in our academic collaborations. We are seeking candidates with proven ability to successfully manage academic alliances to advance cutting-edge science leading to the development of transformative therapies. This is a full-time position reporting to the Director, R&D Program Management, and is located at our corporate headquarters in San Diego, California.
- Work with our academic partners to establish clear collaboration goals and timelines for R&D teams
- Pro-actively manage high value academic partnerships and collaborations to ensure progress towards set goals
- Manage governance of collaborations in pursuit of common stated goals, monitor partnership health, identify and effectively resolve issues, and assist in timely and effective decision-making
- Help project teams achieve objectives via project planning, conducting reviews and meetings as appropriate to discuss progress, resolve issues, and clarify next steps
- Ensure collaboration activities and decisions are clearly communicated, documented, and archived
- Function as the internal and external point of contact for collaboration management and progress
- Aid Fate Legal team in the execution of agreements, amendments, re-negotiations, and extensions with academic partners
- Manage and update contract compliance database to track the full life cycle process, including all milestones, reports, and payments
- Communicate progress towards milestones and deliverables to Fate internal leadership
- Advanced degree required (MS/PhD or MBA), with a strong grasp of scientific language and ideas
- A minimum of 3 years of experience managing alliances and partnerships, involving academia and industry
- Experience with contractual and legal terms, and the ability to translate agreements into clear objectives and deliverables
- Experience managing cross-functional teams to drive collaborations forward
- Experience building relationships and influencing without authority to achieve collaboration objectives
- Independently motivated, detail-oriented, and great problem-solving ability
- Excellent organizational skills sufficient to multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Proficient in project management practices, tools, and methodology
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- 100% on-site work at corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA
- Occasional Evening and weekend work
- Travel to academic centers and conferences as required
The preceding job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Additional and incidental duties related to the primary duties may be required.
About Fate Therapeutics, Inc.
Fate Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of first-in-class cellular immunotherapies for patients with cancer. The Company has established a leadership position in the clinical development and manufacture of universal, off-the-shelf cell products using its proprietary induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) product platform. The Company’s immuno-oncology pipeline includes off-the-shelf, iPSC-derived natural killer (NK) cell and T-cell product candidates, which are designed to synergize with well-established cancer therapies, including immune checkpoint inhibitors and monoclonal antibodies, and to target tumor-associated antigens using chimeric antigen receptors (CARs). Fate Therapeutics is headquartered in San Diego, CA. For more information, please visit www.fatetherapeutics.com.