Manager, Financial Reporting
Fate Therapeutics is currently seeking a motivated individual to be our Manager of Financial Reporting, responsible for SEC reporting, technical accounting, SOX and internal audit, equity administration, contract administration, and other key financial reporting items. This person will also be a key member in providing support for day-to-day accounting and operational activities. This position reports to the Director, Accounting & Corporate Controller and is located at our corporate headquarters in San Diego, California.
- SEC reporting assist in preparing SEC filings (using Active Disclosure), including Form 10-Qs, Form 10-Ks, and press releases, while maintaining appropriate documentation and supporting external auditors.
- SOX and internal controls within a SOX 404(b) environment, manage control matrices and ensure compliance with same. Assist in continuing development of internal control environment related to operations and financial reporting.
- Equity administration manage administration of stock award activity, including grants, exercises, and terminations using equity administration software. Serve as liaison for employees and non- employees for questions regarding their equity holdings.
- Technical accounting research and memos responsible for all accounting research, technical memo preparation, and ongoing accounting for transactions and contracts requiring a memo.
- Accounting/disclosure guidance adoptions responsible for monitoring and implementing accounting and disclosure rules from relevant authoritative bodies (SEC, FASB).
- Prepare recurring and non-recurring journal entries for various items including collaborations, equity compensation, debt, and leases.
- Contracts administration oversee the maintenance, updating, and editing of the master list of company contracts and monitor related financial obligations to ensure compliance with agreement and proper accounting under US GAAP.
- General accounting support support the accounting team as needed with ad hoc assignments.
- Bachelors degree (or higher) in accounting (or related business field) required.
- Minimum of 5 years of public accounting experience with SEC clients or minimum of 5 years of experience in a financial reporting role for a publicly traded company (or a combination of such experience).
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and ability to research same.
- Strong understanding of SOX in a public company environment.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills required (including Word and Excel).
- Microsoft Dynamics (Great Plains) experience preferred but not necessary (other general ledger software experience will be considered).
- Ability to quickly learn and master various software.
- Ability to meet high-demand monthly and quarterly accounting deadlines.
- Ability to work well in small team environment while assisting accounting, HR, and operations functions with ad hoc assignments (must be able to wear multiple hats).
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Occasional evening and weekend work will be required.
- 100% on-site work at corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA
The preceding job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Additional and incidental duties related to the primary duties may be required.
About Fate Therapeutics, Inc.
Fate Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of first- in-class cellular immunotherapies for patients with cancer. The Company has established a leadership position in the clinical development and manufacture of universal, off-the-shelf cell products using its proprietary induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) product platform. The Company’s immuno-oncology pipeline includes off-the-shelf, iPSC-derived natural killer (NK) cell and T-cell product candidates, which are designed to synergize with well-established cancer therapies, including immune checkpoint inhibitors and monoclonal antibodies, and to target tumor-associated antigens using chimeric antigen receptors (CARs). Fate Therapeutics is headquartered in San Diego, CA. For more information, please visit www.fatetherapeutics.com.