Senior Facilities Mechanic
Fate Therapeutics is seeking a talented and highly motivated mechanic to work cross-functionally across the organization to provide emergency, corrective, and preventative maintenance for building utilities, cGMP manufacturing, and laboratory support systems. The successful candidate will develop processes and procedures for operation and preventative maintenance of utility and building systems, controls, sub-systems, and accessories. The successful candidate will support the Facilities Department complying with cGMP best practices, SOPs, and applying GDP (Good Documentation Practices). This is a full-time position reporting to the Senior Manager, Facilities and is located at our corporate headquarters in San Diego, California.
- Develops processes and procedures for operation, maintenance, and alteration of any utility and building systems, controls, sub-systems, and accessories.
- Maintains all building systems and equipment to include but not limited to, HVAC, CDA, vacuum, RO/DI, chilled water, autoclaves, boilers, electrical equipment, and bulk gas systems.
- Keeps all facilities equipment and utilities in compliance with regulatory standards and in good working order.
- Performs root cause analysis and documents corrective action necessary to avoid malfunctions, excess energy consumption, shutdown, or damage of any system.
- Interacts with other departments and personnel to schedule and resolve any building system or equipment issues.
- Coordinates and communicates plant maintenance activities.
- Manages vendor activities of both new and existing facilities vendors ensuring quality of work expectations and service level agreements are met.
- Maintains a safe work environment; works in a safe manner following all safety SOPs and wears Personal Protective Equipment as required.
- Maintains accurate record keeping of equipment and systems while being cGMP compliant.
- Works independently and make sound judgments regarding work methods and tools.
- Supports the Facilities and Lab Operations teams to ensure smooth operations across the organization.
- High school diploma or greater; BS degree preferred.
- 10+ years of facility maintenance experience with 5+ year in a cGMP environment.
- Must have an excellent understanding of cGMP best practices, lab operations, and a working knowledge of Quality Management Systems.
- Mechanical knowledge of building utility systems, including their designs, uses, repairs, and maintenance such as chilled water systems, heating hot water systems, bulk gas distribution, cold rooms, clean dry air systems, air handling units, room pressurization, electrical distribution, emergency power generation, and other common manufacturing facility utility systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot basic electrical, programmable logic controllers (PLC), plumbing systems and issues.
- Proficient problem-solving and root cause analysis abilities along with being detail oriented.
- Experience with Building Management Systems, Siemens DesigoCC preferred.
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems, IBM Maximo preferred.
- Ability to work and communicate cross-functionally.
- Good written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, flexible, able to prioritize, multi-task, and work in a fast-paced & dynamic environment.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- 100% on-site work at corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA
- Occasional evening and weekend work will be required
The preceding job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Additional and incidental duties related to the primary duties may be required.
About Fate Therapeutics, Inc.
Fate Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of first- in-class cellular immunotherapies for patients with cancer. The Company has established a leadership position in the clinical development and manufacture of universal, off-the-shelf cell products using its proprietary induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) product platform. The Company’s immuno-oncology pipeline includes off-the-shelf, iPSC-derived natural killer (NK) cell and T-cell product candidates, which are designed to synergize with well-established cancer therapies, including immune checkpoint inhibitors and monoclonal antibodies, and to target tumor-associated antigens using chimeric antigen receptors (CARs). The Company’s pipeline also includes ProTmune™, a pharmacologically modulated, donor cell graft that is currently being evaluated in a Phase 2 clinical trial for the prevention of graft- versus-host disease in patients with hematologic malignancies undergoing allogeneic stem cell transplant. Fate Therapeutics is headquartered in San Diego, CA. For more information, please visit www.fatetherapeutics.com.