Associate Scientist / Senior Research Associate, Bioassay Development
Fate Therapeutics is seeking a highly-motivated, skilled, and conscientious individual to join the analytical development team to support the development of off-the-shelf pluripotent cell-derived NK and T cell cancer immunotherapies. The successful candidate will participate in novel assay development, qualification, and implementation of flow cytometry and cell-based assays to assess the purity, identity, function, and safety of engineered iPSC-derived NK and T cell therapies. The ideal candidate should have experience performing and developing assays for the assessment of cell phenotype, cytotoxicity, cytokine production, cell proliferation and/or cell health. This is a full-time position reporting to the Manager, Assay Development and is located at our corporate headquarters in San Diego, California.
- Perform all functions to support assay development and qualification in accordance with good documentation practices
- Perform assay transfer and training of QC team and provide ongoing technical support including document review
- Perform previously established methods in support of process development, product release and stability, and product characterization
- Perform data analysis and data trending to track assay performance
- Work closely with other teams including QA and QC, to author and revise QA-controlled documents as required
- Culture, maintain, and generate well-documented banks of cell lines and primary cells required for assay development
- Maintain detailed experimental records, interpret data, and present data to functional and project teams
- Order and maintain stocks of lab reagents and samples
- B.S. / M.S. degree with a minimum of 4 years relevant lab experience in flow cytometry and/or cell- based assays.
- Flow Cytometry experience is required, FACSDiva and/or CytoFlex platforms a plus.
- Experience analyzing flow cytometry data with FlowJo software is preferred.
- Working knowledge of statistical and analytical tools is required.
- Experience with cell culture and aseptic technique is required.
- Experience with bioassay/bioanalytical development is strongly preferred.
- Experience identifying areas of improvement and troubleshooting assays is strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication, time management, record keeping, presentation, and data analysis skills are required.
- Familiarity with ICH and USP guidelines for analytical method development is desirable.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Will require working with cell lines of human origin
- 100% on-site work at corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA
- Occasional evening and weekend work will be required
The preceding job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Additional and incidental duties related to the primary duties may be required.
About Fate Therapeutics, Inc.
Fate Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of first- in-class cellular immunotherapies for patients with cancer. The Company has established a leadership position in the clinical development and manufacture of universal, off-the-shelf cell products using its proprietary induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) product platform. The Company’s immuno-oncology pipeline includes off-the-shelf, iPSC-derived natural killer (NK) cell and T-cell product candidates, which are designed to synergize with well-established cancer therapies, including immune checkpoint inhibitors and monoclonal antibodies, and to target tumor-associated antigens using chimeric antigen receptors (CARs). Fate Therapeutics is headquartered in San Diego, CA. For more information, please visit www.fatetherapeutics.com.