Associate Director, Immunology Quotas & Incentives
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Immunology Quotas & Incentives Associate Director is a strategic leadership role which applies consulting, analytic, and communication skills to develop, manage and promote a motivational sales incentive program throughout the Immunology organization. The position will own the Immunology strategy and approach to incentives by understanding the trends within each franchise, with expert knowledge in the Immunology competitive landscape within Rheumatology, Dermatology and Gastroenterology. The position will have one direct report, the Immunology Franchise Manager II, and lead multiple vendor workstreams, who will support the Immunology Q&I process.
• Responsibilities include strategic planning, design, analysis, implementation, communications, administration, and validation of all sales incentive programs inclusive of contest and kickers
• Develop incentive programs based on identified marketing and commercial strategies, available resources, and overarching incentive program design.
• Provide leadership, guidance, and support in the development of special incentives.
• Directly responsible for compensation processing vendor including leadership, project management, incentive validation, change implementation and reporting. Individual works closely with field sales, sales management, marketing, marketing analytics and business insights, forecasting, sales reporting and executive leadership in all aspects of field incentives to ensure program elements are aligned with corporate objectives, the programs are fair, equitable, motivating and valid.
• Assess special incentive requests in terms of business needs and alignment with guiding principles.
• Evaluate proposals with respect to data availability and cost/time requirements.
• Ensure that upcoming franchise specific changes are communicated in a timely manner to the outside vendor team.
• Validate and approve franchise specific results from ongoing operations (attainments, payouts, eligibility, etc.).
• Stay updated on the latest industry trends & practices in sales compensation and share with executive and sales leadership to provide insight & recommendations on enhancements.
• Individual will lead vendor and internal project teams in a matrixed environment made up of sales incentive, sales reporting and sales planning to analyze, understand performance outcomes, refine/enhance current programs and also develop new incentive programs for all field sales personnel while aligning program to corporate/brand strategic objectives.
• Individual must proactively perform regular analysis of incentive compensation results to proactively identify areas of improvement and opportunity for increased motivational value. Must analyze impact of changes in Immunology sales trends and how market events and overall strategies may impact performance and IC results. Individual will host field sales tasks force meetings to continually discuss, analyze and refine programs to reinforce desired behavior.
• Support Executive and Sales Leadership in the promotion of strategic incentive plan design and concepts.
• Develop reporting, analysis and insights which guide business decision making.
• Work with stakeholders to develop appropriate specifications for sales data, including format, processing rules, and timing.
• Provide direct support to executive and sales leadership, and field personnel to respond to incentive questions and perform investigations.
• Develop communication materials for executive and sales leadership which effectively communicates the incentive program in a clear, motivational way.
• 10+ Years in Sales Related Incentives or Sales Analytics. Management Experience Required. Immunology experience strongly preferred.
• Extensive leadership experience with demonstrated results for coaching, mentoring, educating and developing direct and indirect team members to enhance individual skills and elevate overall team performance. Is able to hold direct reports accountable to behaviors and expectations.
• Proven ability to deliver candid, effective feedback and efficiently manage performance. Ability to develop talent for promotional opportunities.
• Ability to create a culture of winning and full team engagement.
• Collaborates and can influence without authority working across organizations.
• Excellent judgment and decision-making skills.
• Confidence in providing subject matter expertise to Executive Leadership, Sales Leadership and other high-level contacts.
• Extensive understanding of the Immunology market, field sales activities, roles and behaviors.
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
• Ability to clearly and confidently articulate complex and difficult concepts.
• Ability to develop and deliver training and communications.
• Public speaking ability addressing groups of a few to several hundred.
• Excellent business acumen, understanding of basic corporate finance and financial analysis concepts.
• Understanding and experience working directly with pharmaceutical sales data sources.
• Ability to rapidly apply mathematical concepts in order to assess and respond to verbal questions or proposals.
• Experience in developing and managing effective IT systems, quality control procedures, and comfort in directing low level analytics.
• Ability to thrive in a team and matrixed environment.
• Ability to develop and execute innovative, creative solutions.
• Exceptional process, project and resource management skills with consistent ability to meet and exceed agreed upon timelines.
• Organizationally savvy.
• Results oriented.
• Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree preferred
Grade Level: Grade 20
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.