Associate Director, Digital Patient Initiatives
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
AbbVie’s Patient Experience organization has global impact over 45 countries around the world and is organized into three distinct and equally important pillars across all therapeutic areas: 1) Patient Experience Capability – responsible for elevating AbbVie’s Patient Centricity and our commitment to see-feel-live the Patient in everything that we do. 2) Patient Support Program – responsible for building best in class Patient Support Programs for all Patients using AbbVie therapies. 3) Patient Digital & Data Programs – responsible for building and launching a Global Patient Ecosystem that includes PSP CRM, Patient MCM and Patient Data capabilities.
This role, Associate Director, Digital Patient Initiatives will be responsible for successfully leading the development and activation of the global EPE digital ecosystem, including the myAbbVieCare patient and HCP platforms, ONE-CRM and Patient Support Program (PSP) data strategy.
These digital products are an integral part of AbbVie’s Patient Support Program (PSP) offering and are designed for in-market and pipeline products across the portfolio.
This position will report to the Global Director, Head of Exceptional Patient Experience, within AbbVie’s’ Global Customer Excellence organization, and will be required to work closely with multiple stakeholders across a matrix organization globally and across affiliates.
- Lead the oversight and business requirements for the digital ecosystem by
- Developing an integrated geo- and feature-roadmap based on affiliate priorities and product launch timelines
- Leading the development of the overall ecosystem vision and strategy informed by stakeholder consultation and emerging digital trends
- Partnering closely with the Business Technology Solutions (BTS) Ecosystem Product Lead and Owner(s) to deliver quality products within a culture of continuous improvement
- Informing the strategic and functional brand plans for EPE across global brand teams
- Communicating effectively across stakeholders to create alignment and common priorities
- Drive the EPE data strategy capability to improve data collection and use strategies for PSPs and digital initiatives by
- Working with global brand teams to determine relevant PSP data points
- Embed the implementation of the principles of PSP real world data collection and use within the affiliates (Project Star)
- Responsible for senior leadership stakeholder management and providing project updates as required, including to Steering Committee, Business Sponsor forum etc.
- Day to day discretion over functional area.
- Manage assigned financial processes, including capital and expenditure requests and management of assigned budgets across EPE and global brand teams
- Create a culture of high performance throughout team, develop talent, set goals and objectives for direct reports and manage performance as required
- Drive consistent ways of working across EPE Pillars
- Work closely and foster relationships to influence a cross-brand team, cross-functional, cross-geographic team operating in a matrix environment
- Ability to lead a culture of high performance in a complex matrix environment with competing priorities
- Experience with Patient Support Programs, digital platforms and agile methodology preferred
- Ability to influence others at all levels within the organization
- Strong commercial experience and proven execution
- Understands complex environment and the ability to drive the development of long term and short term strategies
- Ability to translate strategies into actionable and realistic engagement plans in alignment with brand strategies.
- Ability to prioritize decisions and activities to ensure efficient use of resource and address critical issues.
- Ability to openly exchange of ideas and collaborate cross-functionally
- Ability to challenge status quo and think at a higher strategic level
- Ability to coordinate different strategic and operational actions
- Ability to monitor results and develop, propose and implement action plans
- Ability to adapt and drive change leadership
- Coaching and developing others
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.