Supervisor-Quality Control (2nd Shift Wed-Sat 4:00p -2:30a)
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Supervises a business unit consisting of one of the following disciplines: API Laboratory Operations, Finished Goods Laboratory Operations, Environmental Monitoring, Raw Material/ In-Process Laboratory Operations, Laboratory Support Operations, Laboratory Continuous Improvement/Compliance Operations, Stability, Validation and support Regulatory Submissions.
- Supervise a team and is responsible to hire, lead and develop team members to ensure that the department has the appropriate talent and level of performance to meet business objectives. Assure training and development of subordinates. Assist subordinates in problem solving. Identify and resolve people issues without direct supervision.
- Assure conformance to all government and corporate regulations. Responsible to develop, provide, defend, persuade Corporate/Plant practices with outside organizations. Routinely meet with regulators (FDA & EU) and customers to ensure no interruption in business due to compliance issues.
- Directs area of responsibility to meet production objectives within planned budgets. Provides input to
- Supervisor for resources needed to construct budget, updates, and changes in financial plan. Supervises area supplies and equipment within budgeted amounts.
- Establish and execute plans and commitments consistent to Development, Manufacturing, Customers and Business needs.
- Provide timely testing or execution of in-process, raw materials, intermediates, API, finished goods, continuous improvement initiatives, QA training, laboratory equipment validation and stability depending on area of responsibility.
- Applies advanced technical writing skills to prepare project protocol, and final reports to support product registration and/or business needs.
- Conducts business and interacts/ negotiates with external contacts and customers to develop positive business relationships
- Required - BS degree in Science or equivalent
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- <3 years of supervisory experience
- Must be experienced and demonstrate high level of technical skill in technical lab operations and good understanding of related business.
- Related knowledge in Product Quality, Quality Control Lab Operation and Regulatory requirements is required.
- Ability to work independently to meet operational goals and business needs.
- Ability to make operational and business decisions with minimum direction from immediate supervisor. Must have knowledge and skill in personnel supervision and develop and managing budget.
- Ability to interact and establish positive interaction with internal/external customers.
- Shows broad understanding of the issues relevant to technical/science and business.
Key Stakeholders: Development, Manufacturing, Quality and Regulatory
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.