Associate Director, Global Patient Relations
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Some opportunities come once in a lifetime – like a job where you have the extraordinary opportunity to make a remarkable impact on the lives of people living with disease. Are you interested in a high impact Public Affairs role that allows you to work on global-level strategic patient advocacy activities to improve standards of care and build the patient engagement capability and culture within AbbVie’s global organization.
If so, this Associate Director of Global Patient Relations role could be an ideal opportunity to explore. In this role, you will support the PRM Community, shape and implement resources and tools to drive patient engagement throughout the organization and work with patient leaders and patient organizations to ensure the patient voice is integral to decision making – from development through to access and use of medicines.
- Support the development of engagement strategies, guidance, and tools for Patient Engagement across the organisation as well as for the PRM community to execute local strategies and strengthening the patient voice.
- Drive the operationalization of patient centricity at AbbVie by evolving our capability to collaborate and consult with patient experts and patient organizations systematically through the product life cycle.
- Partner with patient leaders and other stakeholders to increase the impact of the patient voice to address local patient access barriers.
- Collaborate with HEOR, Medical, and Development Colleagues to develop innovative collaborations with patient organizations, and to engage patient leaders as consultants on relevant study endpoints e.g. patient relevant outcomes and preferences.
- Identify best practices that can be extrapolated and institutionalized.
- Efficiently create, execute and measure the impact of collaborative projects; Advocate for and manage budget; Communicate appropriately.
- Serve as a point of connection to country-level Patient Relations colleagues, share best practices and lessons learned. Manage the online system which connects cross-functional colleagues to the Patient Relations Manager for each patient group across multiple countries.
- Proven external facing skills, including a track record of productive collaborations with patient experts or patient organization.
- Excellent project management and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously.
- Knowledge of the different types of patient entities, and how to appropriately engage each according to established guidelines for industry best practice.
- Knowledge of how to partner throughout the product lifecycle including patient focused drug development PFDD), Patient-reported Outcomes (PROs), patient involvement in health technology assessment (HTA), policy issues, patient journey mapping, support and educational efforts.
- Experience working within a matrix environment, appropriately collaborating to achieve consensus across a variety of cross-functional peers and their senior leaders.
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.