Associate Director Marketing Insights or Manager II Marketing Insights
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
As a leader in the Marketing Research Team supporting Team-One (Endo and Anti-Infectives) Marketing, this individual will support the VP/GM of Endo and Anti-infectives and those brands. Depending on the job grade level, this role may have responsibility for one direct report. This individual will closely collaborate with internal stakeholders from Brand Marketing, Sales, Analytics, Market Access Research and Analytics, Patient Service Research and Analytics and Finance/Forecasting to conduct custom primary research that identifies commercial opportunities and threats, supports the development of strategies and tactics, and provides thought leadership to internal stakeholders and direct report.
Key Job Responsibilities Include
- Act as marketing research lead for designated therapeutic area. Become a trusted advisor to therapeutic area leadership, guiding commercial brand strategy and advising tactical initiatives based on superior customer insights.
- Develop, support and guide direct report
- Collaborate with and influence the leadership, brand team, and agency to drive greater business outcomes.
- Create, maintain, and ensure timely execution of the marketing research plans for the designated therapeutic area, driving alignment with brand strategy and adapting to evolving business needs.
- Possess an expert understanding of custom research methodologies. Is highly proficient at supplier/stakeholder management, and lead custom research programs to deliver compelling strategic and tactical insight.
- Demonstrates awareness, use and integration of secondary data sources, integrating findings across studies to provide strategic insight, and guiding research decisions based on applicability and limitations of primary versus secondary research.
- Partner with analytics lead to leverage both primary research and secondary data to tracking market, brand, and media performance; providing performance assessment, optimization opportunities and inform forecasting.
- Lead the Insight discovery process to uncover and define motivating insights across the customer base.
- Inform the brand planning process based on a deep understanding of marketplace performance, competition, all stages of the patient journey, as well as stakeholder influences throughout the journey. Clarify moments of meaning and highlight opportunities to enhance the patient experience. Develop plans to prioritize and address insights gaps.
- Participate actively in the creative development process, informing the creative brief and creative concept development and assessment by representing the voice of the targeted customer. And develop fact-based promotional investment strategies that increase the return on promotional investments
- Possess a curiosity and openness to new insight methodologies and a drive to expand the toolkit to better serve the business.
- Interact with Centers of Excellence within the Marketing Analytics and Business Insights department (Advanced Analytics, Payor Analytics) to develop and convey to commercial teams a holistic perspective relative to commercial influences.
- Ensure all marketing research activities are conducted in accordance with financial and ethical compliance guidelines.
- BA or BS degree required.
- 8+ year’s relevant marketing research experience, with at least 6 years client-side marketing research experience. Excellent strategic thinking capabilities and equally excellent tactical execution skills.
- Analytical reasoning abilities, intellectual curiosity, strong business acumen, and creativity in problem solving.
- Proven ability to identify, address, and influence customer needs.
- Proven ability to distill complex information into concise and impactful messages/presentations.
- Ability to interact effectively with/present to (verbally and in writing) all levels of the organization, from Product Managers to Senior Executives.
- Expert knowledge of custom research methodologies
- Proven experience as an integral member of a high performing work team.
- Master’s degree / MBA
- Pharmaceutical Industry experience
- Previous experience in a consultative role a plus
AbbVie is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott Laboratories. The Company's mission is to create an innovation-driven, patient-focused specialty biopharmaceutical company capable of achieving sustainable top-tier performance through outstanding execution and a consistent stream of innovative new medicines. AbbVie employs approximately 29,000 colleagues worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries.
Position will be filled as a Manager II or Associate Director, based on candidate experience.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.