AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Job Title: Manager, Finance
The Manager, Finance oversees the financial planning and analysis processes and requirements across businesses supported. Provides financial guidance in compliance with financial policies, provides business decision support and leads key projects and initiatives to improve financial processes. The Finance Manager interacts with all levels of finance and business management.
- Managing Global Commercial Systems implementation / design / structure, such as Power BI, TM1, Longview, BPC to support all aspects of monthly, quarterly, and annual Plan, LRP and LBEs as required, including P&L. Partners with business and proposes solutions to achieve budget within guidelines and to operate within approved budget.
- Communication between Areas/Affiliates and Corporate to a successful implementation plan.
- Collaborates and provides routine business support to enable informed decision-making.
- Provides financial reviews and approvals (purchase order requests and invoices).
- Supports key projects and initiatives (e.g., planning system standardization, management reporting and optimization) and drives process improvements. Supports ad hoc analysis as required.
- Develop and manage staff to ensure production of high quality and timely work product.
- May be responsible managing a staff directly or indirectly.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting. CPA or MBA a plus.
- Minimum 7+ years of progressive and related experience.
- Require a strong Affiliate/Area Commercial Experience
- Already implement FP&A Local Systems Tools
- Strong financial, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter with ability to operate independently, drive processes, identify and implement process improvements, establish, and adjust priorities to achieve objectives and operate with speed and agility.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written), with all levels of management and including the ability to listen well and to influence others that do not report directly.
- Proficient Excel skills.
- Knowledge of SAP and TM1 a plus.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.