Finance Lead Regulatory Affairs R&D Quality and Safety
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The R&D Regulatory Affairs, R&D QA and Pharmacovigilance & Patient Safety (RQS) Finance team supports the leadership in the planning and execution of both current and long-term strategies around resource and budget management.
The RQS Finance Lead will support RQS by providing financial support and execution of Actual reporting and Financial Planning Cycles. A demonstrated strength in all core and functional competencies, with emphasis in initiative, problem solving, and adaptability is needed in this role. This individual will be an integral member of the functional team, working closely with both finance and business partners. Therefore, strong analytical/communication/leadership skills and solid business judgment are essential.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Financial partner for RQS teams bringing numbers to life via accurate and timely fact-based analysis supporting decision making.
- Responsible for LBE discussions to understand risks underlying the LBE projections. Ensuring that financial forecasts are reasonable.
- Respond to ad hoc requests and work constructively with operational personnel providing financial guidance and ensuring compliance with corporate policies.
- Develop and analyze components of the Plan/LRP/Update/LBE submissions and lead Senior Management review meetings.
- Responsible for accurate and efficient payroll forecasting
- Responsible for monthly financial close and related financial reporting packages inclusive of variance analysis for senior management’s understanding and decision-making.
- Responsible for ensuring consistency in terms of process and reporting, to facilitate alignment across the RQS finance team allowing for efficiency in consolidation.
- Review and approve expenditures (ACRs, & POs), as well as assists with RCEs as needed.
- Helps identify, analyze and implement process improvement opportunities.
- Helps drive special projects in the areas of adoption and utilization of Aspire, Compass (time reporting) data outcomes for use in Entity and Tax needs and streamlining RQS financial processes.
- BA in Accounting or Finance, CPA a plus
- 6+ years of progressive Accounting or Finance experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with SAP/TM1 preferred
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.