Field Director, North America
CymaBay is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and providing access to innovative therapies for patients with liver and other chronic diseases.
If you are ready to join a team where your work is challenging, rewarding and meaningful; where your efforts are recognized and appreciated; where your career and skills are developed and expanded; AND where you are truly VALUED… then CymaBay is looking for YOU!
To help us achieve our mission we are seeking a talented Field Director of Medical Science Liaisons (MSL) for North America to join our team.
Key functions of this role will be the oversight of the MSL Team and assisting the internal team with various internal projects aligned with the Medical Affairs strategy.
The individual will also serve as a scientific resource to support medical affairs activities such as medical congress staffing and advisory boards, as well as cross-collaborative training initiatives.
In this role you will be able to achieve the following:
- Ensure compliant practices of MSLs in alignment with SOPs, regulatory requirements, and applicable laws including PhRMA guidelines for field-based personnel.
- Assists with determining MSL geographic location based on KOLs and HCPs and conduct routine field visits with the MSLs to assess performance
- Attracts, hires, develops, coaches, and retains a diverse team and provides mentoring and development planning
- Implement field strategy and priorities for the region in alignment with the Medical Affairs strategy and priorities
- Lead KOL identification and profiling
- Support Clinical/R&D in the facilitation of IITs and other research initiatives including clinical trial site recruitment
- Provides input into strategic process, development of annual corporate and department objectives
- Monitor competitive intelligence for new data to aid and/or enhance field medical strategy development
- Anticipates and identifies training needs, and collaborates with internal Medical Affairs to develop and implement training plans, while assisting in the development of training
If your background and experience include the following, chances are you will be highly successful in this role:
- Master's Degree in a health-related science or Doctoral degree (e.g., PharmD, PhD, MD/DO)
- 10+ years field Medical Liaison experience desirable
- 15+ years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry and/or relevant clinical experience
- High degree of proficiency in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to manage a frequent travel schedule with up to 40-60% overnight travel
- Demonstrated ability to manage department resources
- Launch experience strongly preferred
- Prior experience in Hepatology and Gastroenterology would be a big plus