Specialist Software Engineer
Are you eager to take your full stack software engineering and team leadership skills and use them to create new digital automated processes? Would you like to work for a team that is continuously simplifying processes and building automation to advance our business of life-changing biotech medicines? Amgen is using the newest technologies in the cloud computing Infrastructure, ML/AI algorithms, robotic automation, DevSecOps practices, Platform as a Service, and other modern automation technologies to build new drug therapies for patients that address grievous illnesses.We are seeking a Software Engineer leader to fill a position in Amgen's Process Simplification and Automation team. Our teams are group of high-energy, motivated doers that want to improve the lives of our stakeholders through continuous productivity improvement via the use of automation software solutions.Job Responsibilities
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Lead engineers to develop software engineering and automation projects that ensure quality and timely delivery of projects
- Drive efforts to design, build, and develop rapid Proof-of-Concept (POC) automated solutions and services. Quickly and iteratively prove or disprove the concepts being considered.
- Work with process subject matter experts (SMEs) to understand key process requirements and transform them into software solutions
- Collaborate with business partners to understand how software engineering and automation can improve workflow and productivity
- Work closely with other teams and Process Engineers to identify, stop, simplify business process waste and codify into software engineering solutions
- Create functional and technical designs to identify areas of risk and/or missing requirements.
- Write technical write-ups and drawings to promote the proposed solutions
- Collaborate with the other engineering team members to ensure all services are reliable, maintainable, and well-integrated into existing platforms.
- Adhere to standard methodologies for testing and designing reusable code.
- Be constantly curious and feed your love and interests in groundbreaking technology. Use your given time to look for new and innovative ways to do business differently, better, and more efficiently.
- BS or MS in computer science or related field
- Experience in Software Engineering with a proven track record of specification, design and development
- Experience doing full stack development including infrastructure cloud services (Storage, VMs, Network, etc.) as well as application and user experience in a continuous CI/CD pipeline environment
- Experience with leading automation software platforms (e.g., UiPath, Automation Anywhere, etc.)
- Familiarity with development and deployment of robotic process automation and other intelligent automation technology solutions
- Experience working with agile methodology & DevOps (Jenkins, JIRA, Github) frameworks with successful experience working in a collaborative team environment
- Experience working with container technologies (e.g., Docker) and developing micro-services and APIs
- Data analysis and reporting experience by using analytics, visualization and database technologies (e.g. Spotfire, Tableau)
- Working knowledge in relational databases with a mastery of SQL.
- Understanding of native cloud computing, design, development and security patterns for AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Expertise with translating business requirements to technical requirements and recommend solutions for automation
- Experience in troubleshooting and debugging applications.
- Ability to quickly assimilate knowledge and learn platforms, languages, tools and technologies
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.