Specialist Automation Engineer
Are you eager to take your software development, automation engineering and team leadership skills and use them to create new digital automated processes? Would you like to work for a team that is continuously simplifying processes and building automation to advance our business of life-changing biotech medicines? Amgen is using the latest technologies in the cloud computing Infrastructure, ML/AI algorithms, robotic automation, DevSecOps practices, Platform as a Service, and other modern automation technologies to build new drug therapies for patients that address grievous illnesses.
We are seeking a Senior Automation Engineer leader to fill a position in Amgen's Process Simplification and Automation team. Our teams are group of high-energy, motivated doers that want to improve the lives of our partners through continuous productivity improvement via the use of automation software technologies.
- Works closely with the delivery and platform teams to ensure that the applications are aligned with the overall architectural and development guidelines
- Lead selected efforts to design, build, and develop rapid Proof-of-Concept (POC) automated solutions and services. Quickly and iteratively prove or disprove the concepts being considered.
- Work with process subject matter experts (SMEs) to understand key process requirements and transform them into digital automated solutions
- Be constantly curious and feed your passion and interests in groundbreaking technology. Use your given time to look for new, innovative and automated ways to do business differently, better, and more cost effectively.
- Collaborate with business partners to understand how automation can improve workflow and productivity
- Synthesize requirements from clients, customers or end-users to develop the best automation solutions.
- Work closely with other teams and Process Engineers to identify, stop, simplify business process waste to codify into automated solutions and platforms.
Masters degree and 1 3 years of related experienceOr
Bachelors degree and 3 - 5 years of related experienceOr
Associate degree and 8+ years of directly related experience
- BS or MS in computer science or related field
- 3+ years experience designing, developing, deploying, and operating automated solutions across SaaS, Cloud, On-prem and custom software developed platforms
- Experience doing full stack development including infrastructure cloud services (Storage, VMs, Network, etc.) as well as application and user experience in a continuous CI/CD pipeline environment
- Experience in and certifications for leading automation software platforms (e.g., UiPath, Automation Anywhere, etc.)
- Experience with development and deployment of robotic process automation and other intelligent automation technology solutions
- Experience in building machine learning, OCR and NLP solutions
- Data analysis and reporting experience by using analytics, visualization and database technologies (PL SQL, Spotfire, Tableau, Python NumPy, SciPy, Pandas)
- Expertise with translating business requirements to technical requirements and recommend solutions for automation
- Experience in relational database fundamentals
- Working knowledge of native cloud computing, design, development and security patterns for AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Willing and able to learn new technologies at a rapid pace
- Possess knowledge of functional support systems (e.g., Workday, SFDC, SAP)
- Ability to quickly assimilate knowledge of new platforms, languages, tools and technologies
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.
We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Amgen provides benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and uses its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve peoples lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the worlds leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Ready to Apply for the Job?
We highly recommend utilizing Workday's robustCareer Profilefeature to complete the application process. A link to update your profile is available when you clickApply. You can then complete your Workday profile in minutes with the Upload My Experience functionality to upload an updated copy of your resume or you can simply edit the individual sections of your Career Profile.
Please note that you should be in your current position for at least 18 months before applying to internal positions. Staff must notify their current manager if invited for an interview. In addition, Staff are ineligible to apply for open positions if (a) their performance is currently being managed on a performance improvement plan (PIP) or other locally utilized formal coaching document or (b) their most recent performance rating was not a Partially Meets Expectations or higher. Please visit ourInternal Transfer Guidelinesfor more detailed information
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.