Postdoctoral Fellow - Protein Degradation and Cancer
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Do more with the knowledge youre working hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Through this program, you will acquire the valuable hands-on skills and foundational experience to become the professional you are meant to be in your chosen field.
Postdoctoral Fellow Protein Degradation and Cancer
This could be your everyday
Lets do this. Lets change the world. During this program, you will be provided with an enriching environment to inspire innovation that will contribute to the development of human therapeutics.
The lab of Dr. Ryan Potts in the Induced Proximity Platform Department at Amgen is seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow in the field of protein degradation and cancer.
We are looking for highly talented, self-motivated individuals passionate about science and making high impact discoveries to work on the molecular mechanisms behind the function of the unique MAGE cancer-testis antigen family of E3 ligases.New postdoctoral fellows willtake a multi-disciplinary approach combining biochemistry, cell biology,and proteomicstostudy the relationship of MAGE proteins, ubiquitination, and cancer.
Please see our publicationsfor more information, including:
- Cell. 2015160, 715-28.
- Cell. 152, 1051-1064.
- Molecular Cell. S1097-2765(20)30466-4.
- Molecular Cell. 77(6):1206-1221.e7.
- Molecular Cell. 69,113-25.
- Science Advances. 5(5):eaav4832.
- Nature Communications. 11(1):4931.
The postdoctoral position is for 3 years with the option to extend for an additional year.
Heres what it takes to Win
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dedicated individual we seek is a scientist with these qualifications.
- PhD at the time of appointment
- PhD in biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology, or cancer biology
- Broad knowledge of cancer and cellular biology with demonstrated independent research eminencethrough first author publications in top journals
- Specific expertise and a record of publicationin the biology andbiochemistry of ubiquitin-proteasome system and/or protein degradation
- Relevant experience in the field of cancer biology
- Research experience with biochemical, biophysical, molecular and cellular techniques, including enzyme and cell assay development, characterization of protein modification and turnover, and mechanistic studies of enzymes
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- To passion to explore the unknown and make discoveries that will chart new areas of biology
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment, and inclusion in all that we do.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.