Requisition: Accounting Manager, R&D
Hiring Manager: Director, Accounting
Amgen is searching for an Accounting Managersupporting our Research & Development (R&D) accounting areas. The Manager will report to the Director, Accounting.
The Accounting Manager will play a key role in executing on accounting and reporting activities and ensuring compliance in the areas under R&D.
Primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Manage the outsourced & off-shore accounting service provider team to completemonth-end/quarter-endaccounting close process, to prepare account analysis, variance analysis and management reporting package, and to ensure financial controls and quality standards are met
- Interact and work cross-functionally with a wide range of internal business partners, including R&D FP&A, and provide accounting support and guidance
- Preparation or review and approval of financial schedules such as footnote disclosures, close reporting deliverables, and providing support for other ad hoc schedules, as needed
- Manage the key balance sheet analysis review process (i.e. accrued clinical trial liabilities and functional accruals) and communicate results effectively in quarterly meetings with management and the business
- Provide audit support to internal and external auditors and manage financial and SOX audits
- Take initiative, analyze current process and lead business review meetings
- Be able to identify control risks and process improvement opportunities
Masters degree and2 years of finance experience
Bachelors degree and4 years of finance experience
Associates degree and10 years of finance experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of finance experience
- 4+ Corporate or public accounting experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or MBA
- Audit or Big 4 Public Accounting experience
- Comprehensive accounting knowledge on Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), including the area of Revenue Recognition
- Strong written, verbal communication, and presentation skills and be able to bridge culture differences
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, to multi-task, and to establish priorities
- Strong project management skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with SAP and BW, Hyperion, EDW applications
- Industry experience
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve peoples lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the worlds leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.