Vaxart is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing a range of oral recombinant vaccines based on its proprietary delivery platform. Vaxart vaccines are administered using convenient room temperature-stable tablets that can be stored and shipped without refrigeration and eliminate the risk of needle-stick injury.
Vaxart has demonstrated that its proprietary tablet vaccine delivery platform is suitable to deliver recombinant vaccines, positioning the company to develop oral versions of currently marketed vaccines and to design recombinant vaccines for new indications. Its development programs currently include tablet vaccines designed to protect against coronavirus, norovirus, seasonal influenza and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), as well as a therapeutic vaccine for human papillomavirus (HPV), Vaxart’s first immuno-oncology indication.
Our mission is the promotion of global health through the development of effective vaccines that can be administered by tablet rather than by injection, providing for the simple and efficient distribution and administration of safe vaccines in any setting.
We are looking for a Scientist, Immunology to join our growing South San Francisco team!
This full-time Immunology Scientist will lead studies, design experiments, manage projects, direct research associates, and coordinate collaborations. The scientist will be expected to work independently as well as within project teams. A successful applicant will be able to find creative solutions for improving vaccine pandemic responses.
- Lead preclinical studies, design relevant experiments, manage research associates, write and review reports
- Write scientific papers and coordinate important collaborations with academic groups.
- Contribute ideas, implement analytical techniques, and conduct clinical trial immune analysis as required
- Coordinate with scientists within research (and with other departments) to accomplish the research and clinical goals
- Responsible for identifying and developing cutting edge technologies for improving vaccine pandemic responses.
- PhD in Biology related discipline, ideally in immunology.
- 2 + years of industry experience in vaccines or cancer, infectious disease research a plus.
- Must be able to work collaboratively as part of a team within R&D and across the organization.
- Exceptional organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional presentation and leadership skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software suite (Excel, Word, Outlook), Prism, and sequence analysis software.
- Experience writing research papers, technical reports and developing strategic plans.
- Must have experience and demonstrate expertise in immunology, and modern techniques for characterizing the immune response to vaccine candidates.
Vaxart offers team members a competitive compensation and benefits package, including a bonus program, stock options, 401(k) with employer matching, tuition assistance, and work life balance.
Vaxart is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. Vaxart does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.