Research Associate, Discovery
Obsidian Therapeutics is pioneering engineered cell and gene therapies to deliver transformative outcomes for patients. Obsidian’s programs apply our CytoDriveTM technology in Cell and Gene therapy products to control expression of proteins for enhanced therapeutic efficacy and safety.
We’re proud of our diverse talented team and committed to cultivating an environment of inclusion where each person feels a strong sense of belonging and is supported to continuously learn and contribute their best work. Our research team is based in the heart of Cambridge, MA, and our Technical Development and Manufacturing will soon be moving to a brand new facility in Bedford, MA to support our growth. Obsidianites enjoy a highly collaborative culture, competitive salary and benefits, and potential for ownership through stock options.
We’re seeking a motivated Research Associate or Senior Research Associate to join our collaborative and growing team focused on translating innovative science into medical breakthroughs for patients. You’ll work closely with the Discovery team, and other scientists and associates across the company, to support Obsidian’s therapeutic pipeline using high throughput screening to identify lead candidates to optimize cytoDRiVETM control.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a well-funded pre-clinical company with blue chip investors, field-leading advisors, best-in-class partners (BMS, Vertex, and MD Anderson), and a highly experienced team. You’ll help us build a dynamic, innovative, passionate, collaborative, and successful organization focused on delivering transformative therapies in areas of greatest clinical need.
- Perform high throughput cell-based screening to identify new lead candidates.
- Support Lentiviral packaging and titering of candidate constructs for screens.
- Maintain excellent records of experiments in Electronic Notebook entries.
- Make technical and intellectual contributions to projects as part of a collaborative team.
- Gain the technical and analytical skills needed to successfully execute high throughput screens, including but not limited to: assay automation and next generation sequencing readouts.
- Collaborate across Obsidian organization to support ongoing research projects by contributing insights and presenting to project teams, management, and scientific teams
- BS in biological sciences with 1+ years of experience in a research setting (academia/biotech)
- Experience with mammalian cell culture, lentiviral packaging and transduction
- Previous experience with flow cytometry based assays
- Attention to detail and good troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication skills, highly organized with strong record keeping and an ability multi-task
- Highly collaborative working style and an ability to adapt in a fast paced, rapidly developing matrixed environment
- Experience in NGS library preparation
- Prior experience with automation and high throughput assays
Job level will be based on overall experience and capabilities.
Obsidian is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, cultivating a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.