Senior Inside Business Development Manager
At Allergan Aesthetics, an AbbVie company, we develop, manufacture, and market a portfolio of leading aesthetics brands and products. Our aesthetics portfolio includes facial injectables, body contouring, plastics, skin care, and more. Our goal is to consistently provide our customers with innovation, education, exceptional service, and a commitment to excellence, all with a personal touch. For more information, visit www.AllerganAesthetics.com.
Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) is a bold, global pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model - Growth Pharma. Allergan is focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded pharmaceutical, device, biologic, surgical and regenerative medicine products for patients around the world.
Allergan markets a portfolio of leading brands and best-in-class products for the central nervous system, eye care, medical aesthetics and dermatology, gastroenterology, women's health, urology and anti-infective therapeutic categories. With commercial operations in approximately 100 countries, Allergan is committed to working with physicians, healthcare providers and patients to deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people around the world live longer, healthier lives every day.
Allergan is a company that will inspire you to aim high with your ambition. Where you can build bridges all over the world. Where you can power ideas that drive change. And where you will act fast and drive results for customers and patients. Power your future & join our bold team.
The Allergan Medical Sr. IBDM is a revenue generating position with responsibility for quarterly sales quota attainment for the Facial Aesthetics portfolio of products and for managing and enhancing portfolio growth through business development activities using primarily phone communication. The Inside Sales Representative must be able to proactively multitask, self-manage and operate in a fast-paced environment that endorses constant change. Responsibilities also include working independently and managing sales activity in an assigned geography and possessing professionalism and the ability to effectively collaborate with customers, the sales force, and upper management counterparts. This position will be responsible for all vacant and leave of absence territories within an assigned region as well as maintain a list of targeted accounts. Detailed target account list to be provided separately. Quotas to be provided separately. Duties also include educating, training and developing new and existing accounts.
The employee must conduct their work activities in compliance with all Allergan internal requirements and with all applicable regulatory requirements. Allergan internal requirements include compliance with ethics, environmental health and safety, financial, human resources, and general business policies, requirements and objectives.
What we can offer
Would you like to be in a sales role that allows you to both drive strong sales performance AND prepare you for your next career opportunity? Do you want to be a part of a company that feels like family, rewards you for performance, and invests in your development? The Allergan Medical Aesthetics Inside Sales team offers rewarding Inside Sales roles that will teach you advanced selling skills and will provide you with active experiences to increase your business development acumen and field sales exposure. We have a 2 year training program that is geared to prepare you for your future. This 2 year training and development curriculum is a 6 Phase program that provides specialized selling courses, along with personal development workshops. Through this training program, you can either advance into Inside Sales Management, or out to field based roles in our Aesthetic Divisions of SkinMedica, Facial or CoolSculpting. Alternate paths include roles into our Pharmaceutical Divisions of Primary Care and Women’s Health. Be Bold and grow your career at Allergan!
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Consistently achieves sales quota across portfolio. Proficient in sales execution component of marketing plans. Independently creates call and business development plans across the product portfolio. Demonstrates adaptability and creativity with multiple initiatives.
- Sales processes must be focused toward business growth and relationship building.
- Manages attainment of assigned sales quota and customer satisfaction through consistent communication with the Regional Manager and Inside Sales Area Manager, managing own sample allocation, placing orders, providing marketing materials, and assisting accounts with marketing strategies. Also leads execution on all campaigns/promotions, new product launches, training of accounts on Allergan programs and other sales related initiatives.
- Develop product knowledge and utilize to best serve customer’s current business needs, as well as to prospect new products, program and training opportunities with current accounts and to identify and qualify new business. Educate the customer regarding indications, contraindications, and safety of the products, and how they fulfill the needs of the customer. Obtain information needed to accurately understand problems and needs use this information to determine solutions and formulate new and innovative ideas proactively solve customer problems in a manner that exceeds customer expectations.
- Provide technical training to the customer on application and use of the company’s products. Manages complex orders from quotation to final payment, and resolves product issues including promotions and returns.
- Collaboration with Regional Manager, respective field reps and Inside Sales Area Manager - Acts as referral specialist for more detailed and/or complex customer needsWork cross functionally with field sales in order to drive sales objectives cultivates client relationships develops and collaborates on all account activity and growth. Travel could range from 20-30% based on territory needs.
- Leave of absence and vacant territory coverage includes collaboration with the respective Sales Representative, Region Manager and Inside Sales Area Manager to develop and negotiate a coverage plan. This can include consistent communication- managing own sample allocation, placing orders, providing marketing materials, and assisting accounts with marketing and business development strategies. Also includes execution on all campaigns/promotions, new product launches and other sales related initiatives.
- Provides customer with account information, detailed instructions on order placement and product shipment processes, product pricing, and pertinent contact information.
- Attend sales training and sales meetings as required. Complete administrative responsibilities such as: monthly sales report, quarterly business plan, presentations, expense reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher required
- Five or more years of relevant sales/marketing experience is required.
- A track record of earning strong commissions, the ability to work independently, be highly organized and exhibit superior communication skills required.
- Ability to travel by air and car up to 30% of the time.
- Normal 20/20 vision ability (with corrective lenses, if needed) is required by this position.
- Experience in the healthcare industry involving interaction with physicians, patients, etc.
- Experience in educating or influencing targeted customers.
- Two years of working in medical sales/inside sales preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
- Knowledge of Inside Sales selling skills and business environment
- Knowledge of clinical, surgical techniques and procedures, and medical terminology.
- Knowledge of medical device/pharmaceutical/aesthetic market or a related field.
- Skill in demonstrating a professional phone and in person etiquette.
- Skill in managing time effectively.
- Ability to provide service to accounts in various time zones across the US.
- Ability to present to a group in a web ex or virtual setting.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with employees of various disciplines within various departments and all other internal and external contacts.
- Ability to work independently and plan extensively to meet goals.
- Ability to track sales performance.
- Ability to maintain accuracy, consistency, and quality in a fast-paced, multi-task environment.
- Ability to coordinate and synchronize multiple projects while maintaining a high degree of customer service.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, Outlook, MSWord, EXCEL, PowerPoint and some database software.
- Motivated by individual and team achievement.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, and frequently required to stand and sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, use of one or both hands repetitively, to grasp using one or both hands, to push and/or pull, to use fine dexterity with one or both hands, use of extended and overhead reach with hands and arms, to climb or balance, including stairs to stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl and use one or both feet repetitively. The employee may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs., and is regularly required to lift and/or move up to 10 lbs., drive a car, walk on uneven ground, and walk between buildings. The noise level in the work environment is somewhat quiet.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Level Code
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.