Associate Director, Incident Command Center
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Provide leadership to deliver IT support services in support of business operations and goals. This role will have accountability for the global Incident Command Center (ICC), providing Major Incident Management (MIM) services to the business. MIM is a key IT operation service responsible for coordinating efforts across cross-functional teams to deliver a rapid restoration of business in the event of a high priority incident. Responsible for building a collaborative partnership with technology and functional domain stakeholders, delivering comprehensive service solutions to address business needs, and participating in the development and implementation of strategic roadmaps for owned services.
- Full ownership and accountability for ICC/MIM services including all associated strategies, initiatives, programs, systems, and staffing.
- Deliver on continuous service improvements such as: reductions in Mean Time to Repair (MTTR), increased ownership and drive to identify root cause and implement preventative/corrective action, paradigm shift from a pure reactive service to proactive capabilities including incident detection and prevention.
- Ensure overall service and cost expectations of the business are met while delivering incremental improvements and savings to Abbvie. Continuously benchmark and research against industry best practices and emerging technologies to identify, create and implement new strategies, services, and products to meet growing business demands.
- Baseline and publish operational service and support metrics. Measure, monitor and maintain a high level of service performance and quality throughout all service offerings.
- Manage the relationship with Service Provider account team and delivery executives to ensure delivery of quality and cost-effective services.
- Responsible for resource management for all services under the area of responsibility.
- Provides guidance and direction to other professionals, acts in a consulting and/or advisory capacity, coordinates resolution of highly complex problems and tasks, and posses ability to meet and operate under deadlines.
- Builds collaborative relationships and effectively interacts with business and/or technology senior leaders. Interactions focus on strategy, project, and operational decisions. Interacts well with diverse groups within function and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators.
- Consistently demonstrates AbbVie’s Ways of Working and Leadership Attributes including an enterprise mindset and people leadership. Effectively manages performance, provides timely feedback, appropriately rewards and recognizes valuable achievements, develops talent, and creates a succession pipeline. Understand and execute AbbVie’s vision, goals and strategies.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and 9+ years of experience. Work experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience managing teams with a resource mix of employees, contractors, managed service providers, and virtual/remote resources.
- Proven ability to drive outstanding employee performance and engagement through developing, coaching, motivating, energizing, and inspiring team members.
- Experience in IT support service operation, strategy, planning and implementation. Proven experience with IT support outsourcing and terminology such as ARC’s/RRC’s, Service level Management and Vendor Management preferred.
- Experience with IT support/operations in a global, multi-sourced environment preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional teams towards task completion.
- Proven experience with ITIL, specifically Incident management. ITIL Foundation Certification preferred.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.