Administrative Assistant ll
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Office Coordinator will assist the Manager, BTS Academic Partnerships and Associate Site Manager, AbbVie Innovation Center with day-to-day operations of the AbbVie Innovation Center and its programs. The role will be responsible for various administrative and logistical tasks to ensure the efficient functioning of BTS Academic Partnerships and the AbbVie Innovation Center.
- Coordinate logistics around professional and social events, such as workshops, speakers, hackathons, and lunches.
- Maintain office and kitchen supplies. Maintain IT inventory and interface with HQ for technology needs.
- Coordinate recruiting, interviewing, hiring and onboarding activities.
- Manage and maintain a clean, operational, and professional physical space for the AbbVie Innovation Center.
- Assist with ongoing project work, including gathering, analyzing, and visualizing data for reports.
- Manage the SharePoint communications site for Academic Partnerships, ensuring that content is current and accurate.
- Manage the SharePoint document library for Academic Partnerships, ensuring that documents, files and folders are organized and up to date.
- Maintain and update operations manual, ensuring that information and processes are current and accurate. Maintain current and accurate information in student and inventory rosters.
- Serve as the main point of contact for general inquiries. Manage inquiries coming into the general e-mail account.
- Minimum 3 years of administrative assistant related experience. High School diploma or equivalent.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, understanding of business processes and requirements.
- Self-starter able to function at a high level with general instruction.
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross-functionally with partners outside of assigned group as necessary to enable effective and efficient Legal team operations.
- Team-oriented, can-do attitude and desire to be productive contributor to overall organization.
- Learns quickly and can change course quickly when needed.
- Open to suggestions and innovation for improvement.
- Professional demeanor and ability to maintain confidentiality.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.