Field Access Specialist, Neuroscience - Denver, CO
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Neuroscience Field Access Specialist (FAS) acts as an alternative in-office resource that is available to address HCP questions about patient access. The FAS calls directly on HCP offices in their assigned, specific geography to answer questions about patient access & reimbursement in support of the AbbVie Neuroscience portfolio. The FAS provides expertise on coverage and common access and reimbursement challenges affecting AbbVie Neuroscience products. The FAS responsibilities include educating on the access and reimbursement support tools available from Abbvie, advising HCPs on patient prescription status and program eligibility, and educating HCP offices on payer processes and procedures.
- Educate HCPs on patient support programs, including access and reimbursement support tools and services
- Educate on product-specific acquisition and access options such as specialty pharmacy networks and specialty distribution
- Educate on resources available to address access issues
- Provide local expertise in regards to national/regional payor policies in order to educate providers on payer issues, coding changes, and appropriate claims submission processes
- Liaise with Abbvie’s Access and Reimbursement support center to update HCPs on Rx status and program eligibility
- Report back payer trends related for approved products to Patient Services and MHC account management teams
- Establish and maintain relationships with appropriate providers within territory
- Remain current on key managed care, reimbursement, and policy activities
*Level of the role will be determined based on candidate experience level.
- Grade 18
- At least 3 years of experience in Neuroscience with experience in Managed Health Care, Payer Account Management, and/or Access and Reimbursement
- Thorough understanding of the technical payer policy processes, systems and requirements for coverage, coding and payment for specialty medicines
- Demonstrated understanding of the rules, regulations and risks associated with provision of reimbursement support services
- Strong understanding and ability to communicate technical elements of coding and billing requirements at the National and Regional level across all settings of care
- Comprehensive understanding of Parts A, B, C and D or Medicare and associated reimbursement dynamics
- Strong understanding of drug acquisition and dispensing in the Neuroscience space (Specialty Pharmacies, Specialty Distributors and white-bagging, etc.)
- Strong understanding of access and reimbursement support service centers and how to effectively interact in a compliant fashion
- Excellent territory and account management skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Valid driver’s license
- Additional Grade 19 Qualifications
- 5 or more years of industry experience in access and reimbursement or account management
- Extensive experience educating others on payer processes, requirement for coverage, and other access related situations for specialty medicines
- Strong track record of leadership within current role
- The hourly rate or salary range for this role is 107,500.00 - 210,000.00 USD Annual
- This job is also eligible for Area Plan 150-18% and LTI
- The Company also offers benefits as outlined to eligible employees.
- The hourly or salary range is the range [the Company] in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting depending on the candidate’s experience, qualifications, seniority, geographic location, and other factors permitted by law. The Company may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in the future. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 75 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.