Senior Manager, Field Access Specialist, Neuroscience - South Central
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Field Access Specialist Senior Manager manages and coaches a regional team of Field Access Specialists, who educate HCPs on Abbvie patient experience programs, focusing on access and reimbursement support. The FAS Senior Manager must have demonstrated deep technical understanding of coverage, coding, payment and distribution of specialty products and the rules and regulations that govern provision of reimbursement support. The primary responsibility of the FAS Senior Manager is to ensure their team of FAS effectively engages customers to understand key coverage, coding, payment, product acquisition and affordability dynamics for AbbVie products in their local geography. The FAS Senior Manager will spend most of the time working with the FAS and conducting quarterly field rides to ensure the FAS is compliantly and effectively leveraging the tools and materials provided by Abbvie. In addition, the FAS Senior Manager will help implement and monitor quality control measures to ensure all team members are in compliance with AbbVie expectations and ways of working. The FAS Senior Manager must effectively and compliantly engage with a team of internal stakeholders, including Patient Services, Managed Health Care, Sales, and Access and Reimbursement support hub.
- Ensure team compliance with the appropriate ways of working
- Assist in the implementation of patient services access resources and programs into area execution, including identifying training needs, in-field and National/Regional meetings, with the purpose of elevating regional effectiveness
- Work with peers in Market Access and Trade to understand the changing Healthcare Landscape and communicates appropriate information to the FAS team
- Appropriately communicate patient services and access program information to sales teams in a compliant way
- Utilize analytics tools to monitor call activity and capacity
- Develop, implement and execute effective skill development plans for direct reports. Deliver consistent coaching direction via field-travel and meeting engagements and optimize their ability to provide effective access to support HCPs.
- Develop, monitor and advance development planning process with direct reports.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in coverage, coding, managed healthcare, and/or market access in neuroscience in Managed Health Care, Payer Account Management, Field Reimbursement Manager or equivalent role
- Minimum 3 years of experience leading field teams, successful team coaching, management and personnel development experience
- Thorough understanding of the technical payer policy processes, systems and requirements for coverage, coding and payment for specialty medicines
- Demonstrated understanding of the rules, regulations and risks associated with provision of reimbursement support services and how to monitor and mitigate for those risks
- Comprehensive understanding of Parts A, B, C and D or Medicare and associated reimbursement dynamics
- Strong understanding of drug acquisition and dispensing in the Neuroscience space (role of Specialty Pharmacies, Specialty Distributors and white-bagging, etc.)
- Track record of strong leadership contributions
- Ability to travel up to 75%
- Valid Driver’s License
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA or advanced degree preferred
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 75 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.