Associate Director, Durysta Marketing
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Product Director, DURYSTA™ – Directs the development, market analysis and implementation of marketing plans in support of achieving sales and profit objectives. This position is responsible for the development and execution of professional/consumer marketing plans and resource allocation to ensure the continued success of the DURYSTA™ launch, as well as the realization of long-term product/brand strategies and financial goals. The Product Director, DURYSTA™ manages sales forecasts, budgets and production forecasts. This position develops business strategy consistent with the overarching plan of the Glaucoma Marketing Team.
The Product Director, DURYSTA™ Marketing – will interact with Commercial Leadership, R&D, Clinical and Marketing to execute current marketing plans as well as, participate in the planning, market research and market preparation for a potential label expansion of DURYSTA™. The Product Director, DURYSTA™ will be an integral contributor to the Brand Planning process, designing strategies and determining tactics that best position the Brand for success, this includes working with Agencies / Consultants and assessing their recommendations to the Brand team. This position develops strong cross-functional relationships with key physician opinion leaders, customers, and all members of the integrated brand team.
The Product Director is also responsible for leading the continued development and execution of all DURYSTA™ consumer patient activation activities.This includes strategy development, implementation, resource allocation, and ROI analysis to achieve the financial goals of the brand. Launch experience is added plus as this person will be charged to develop launch strategies and plans in support of impending label enhacments.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: % of Time or Importance
- Leads the development and implementation of product/brand marketing plans and assesses the effectiveness of strategies, evolving them as needed to reflect changing market dynamics. This person collaborates closely with internal stakeholders, the field sales organization and key customers to guide product positioning, key messaging and drive overall sales of DURYSTA™. Monitors the market for opportunities & threats and develops strategies to address them. Leads the implementation of innovative marketing programs and identifies opportunities to expand DURYSTA™ utilization within the Glaucoma marketplace.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in related field, MBA preferred
- 7-9 years of specialty sales/marketing experience required
- At least 3 years product management experience in direct to physician marketing preferred
- Understands verification of benefits for patient coverage
- Knowledge of health care and/or pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in product launches
- Healthcare industry experience with an established track record in managing industry-based marketing functions
- Highly desired: Buy and Bill/Part B experience
- Highly desired: Patient Activation / Direct to Consumer Marketing experience
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Marketing theory, principles, and practices within the health care industry
- Managerial skills – ability to lead, motivate, develop and influence others
- Analytical skills, presentation skills, and creative and conceptual thinking skills
- Ability to develop and execute key strategies
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a matrixed organization
- Problem resolution skills
- Ability to work in complex multi-faceted organization
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Financial/budgetary experience
- Proven sales ability with consultative approach
- Ability to travel up to 30%
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.