Senior Immunoassay Scientist, Method Development
- Execution of ELISAs, cell-based assays and other immunoassay techniques as required in a BSL2 lab under direction of project leader.
- Learn and perform required laboratory techniques using novel and established protocols and Standard Operation Procedures under the direction of project leader.
- Perform assays under direction of the project leader.
- May act as project leader depending on experience/training level.
- Sample accessioning/handling according to SOP using LIMS system, as required.
- Perform data analysis, upload run data/results to LIMS system with assistance of project leader.
- Preparation of stock buffers.
- Prepare stock and working solutions/standards and QC samples as directed.
- Aliquot standards, controls, control matrices and other reagents as required.
- Accurately dispense proprietary/commercial compounds for the preparation of reference material and assay reagents according to direction of project leader or designee.
- Responsible for documentation of all project work in appropriate laboratory notebooks according to Q² Solutions and GLP procedures and processes.
- Prepare and review run binders and notebooks and other project-related documentation with assistance.
- Assist in changes in Standard Operating Procedure for modifications of existing processes.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and adapt efficiently to program changes.
- Production of quality data and documentation in adherence to timelines and maintenance of GLP functions in the lab.
- Responsible for ordering and stocking of laboratory supplies as directed.
- Maintenance of MSDS and chemical inventory as needed.
- Maintenance of Calibration certifications and CoA files.
- Maintenance of laboratory instrumentation as directed.
- Monitor laboratory systems as directed.
- Routine safety inspections as directed.
- Maintain personal training file and assist in training of other technical staff if needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Technical knowledge of serological immunoassay techniques, instrumentation, sample handling and preparation, and data analysis.
- Technical knowledge in key areas of cell-culture and cell-based immunoassays.
- Ability to maintain clear and efficient method development documentation
- Ability to optimally maintain long-term culture as needed
- Ability to assist with the development of cell-based assays
- Ability to perform accurate and precise processing of client samples
- Ability to follow scientific directions and work in a team
- Ability to complete documentation per GLP (Good Laboratory Practices) requirements
- Ability to adhere to SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Ability to follow verbally communicated or draft procedures
- Experienced in all routine laboratory procedures
- Understanding of development/validation of methodology
- Ability to work to objectives/timelines
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or a related field with 1 year of related experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience in GLP laboratory environment.
- Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers
- Ability to lift-up to 40lbs
- Regular standing and sitting for extended periods of time