We are currently searching for a Lab Manager to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC, and it is on-site in Bethesda, MD.Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure operational maintenance laboratory equipment and facilities.
- Organize and maintain the research laboratory; ensure that laboratory equipment is available when needed, properly calibrated and in working condition.
- Assist the NIDCR staff responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operation of the laboratory; order the necessary media, buffers, reagents, tissue samples, supplies, chemicals, and equipment.
- Organize and produce supernatants, antibodies and home-made reagents required by the laboratory.
- Oversee and maintain the laboratory stocks.
- Oversee and maintain the mouse colony in accordance with established procedures.
- Perform and maintain cell lines and long-term cell cultures in accordance with established procedures.
- Perform basic laboratory assays upon request, such as cloning, DNA and RNA extraction purification and sequencing, as well as similar techniques.
- Implement the laboratory procedures for cell culture, molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology, and microbiology.
- Analyze results of experiments to determine whether data generated is accurate and valid; compare results with those obtained from previous related studies to verify validity of data.
- Present the results with the principal investigator and other scientific personnel interested in the project.
- Anticipate future as well as current requirements for supplies and equipment as projects proceed.
- Coordinate shipping and receiving of materials from and to outside sources.
- Ensure laboratory compliance with applicable regulations, policies, and guidelines.
- Perform quality control of the laboratory.
- Ph.D. in immunology, cancer immunotherapy or a related field.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of related immunology and clinical experience.
- Scientific Program Management skills, clinical research design, and excellent task management and experimental design skills.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.