Commercial Insights Manager, Data Analytics, Oncology
For nearly four decades, Amgen has been at the forefront of providing the oncology and hematology communities with novel therapies that have changed patients lives. Our portfolio, as a whole, ranks above industry average in terms of the number of first-in-class medicines we have brought to market, with two-thirds of our medicines gaining this distinction versus the industry average of one-third. We have pioneered five first-in-class oncology and hematology medicines including, Neupogen, Nplate, XGEVA, BLINCYTO and IMLYGIC.
The Commercial Insights Hematology/Oncology Manager, Data Analytics will lead insights generation activities leading secondary data analytics and engaging other Commercial Data and Analytics team members to fully integrate research. This position will support our GI and Cross-OBU assets across US and Global.The role reports to the Director for Commercial Insights Hematology / Oncology.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Leverages deep scientific or biopharma understanding to appropriately define relevant business problems and address through data and analytics approaches/projects
- Proactively identifies key business questions that need to be addressed to meet changing business needs
- Consistently engage in thought leadership to shape brand strategy
- Influences leadership to incorporate key findings, insights and intelligence into program strategy
- Prioritize research resources to impact critical business issues and decisions
- Turn unstructured business issues/requests into appropriate action plans and projects that result in high quality, meaningful and actionable deliverables
- Plan, design and conduct key strategic and highly complex secondary research programs and translate the findings into strategic and tactical recommendations that help drive brand success
- Synthesize and integrate various data, research and analyses into actionable insights
- Ensuring that analyses and summaries of results are shared in the form of compelling stories that deepen customer understanding
- Stays on the leading edge of data and analytics techniques and capabilities; and leads implementation of new methodologies and best practices
- Consider alternative methodologies to collect the voice of customer, being open to emerging innovative methods without immediately jumping to standard methods
- Develop and nurture productive relationships with the oncology cross-functional marketing team to appropriately define the business problems/business questions
- Identify, evaluate, and manage relationships with best-in-class insights vendors
- Ensure that both routine and ad-hoc projects are in compliance with all Amgen SOPs and meet service-level expectations for quality, timeliness, and budget
- Doctorate degree
- Masters degree and 2 years of market research and/or analytics experience
- Bachelors degree and 4 years of market research and/or analytics experience
- Associates degree and 10 years of market research and/or analytics experience
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of market research and/or analytics experience
- Excellent technical skills in secondary data analytics, especially within oncology
- Experience with large data sets
- Ability to function independently
- Global / pipeline & US in-line experience
- Demonstrated exceptional strategic / critical thinking abilities and business acumen
- Demonstrated ability to dig deep and uncover the why beneath the observed behaviors (go beyond the rational)
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills with ability to explain complex concepts clearly to a variety of audiences
- Ability to work collaboratively in team-based environment
- Ability to balance multiple projects and workstreams simultaneously
- Proficient facilitation, negotiation, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
Regularly recognized as one of the Best Places to Work, Amgen now has a presence in nearly 100 countries, allowing us to reach millions of people in their fight against serious, life-interrupting illnesses. A values-based organization, Amgen takes great pride in our ability to touch so many lives as we uphold our mission to serve patients.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.