Senior Manager, Corporate Affairs (Remote)
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Senior Manager, Corporate Affairs
This position can sit remotely, and does not need to be located in Thousand Oaks, CA.Live
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will report to the Thought Leadership / ELMAC director. In this role, the sr. manager will support the development of a global portfolio narrative that drives the thought leadership strategy ensuring priority markets and leaders are able to position Amgen and drive reputation. Responsibilities will include liaising with the priority markets within this Region which include, Germany, France, UK, Italy, Spain/Portugal, and Canada to ensure pull through of global communications strategies and materials. In this role the sr. manager will also:
- Manage the external engagement/thought leadership strategy and pull through across the channels
- Support priority EU policy initiatives through communications
- Support the engagement of country communicators with Global outputs
- Liaise with GCO Digital team to ensure countries have what they need to pull through on country owned digital channels
- Partner with GCO capabilities team to ensure pull through to the countries.
- Aligns with ELMAC to cascade; support from JAPAC to cascade
- Supports and liaises with Enterprise team on paid and earned media strategy for external thought leadership, ensures amplification on social channels
- Supports the development of plans outlining key touch points and training around narrative and messages for the GM development program
- Tracks and measures impact of narrative and external engagement opportunities
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Corporate Affairs professional we seek has these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Corporate Affairs experience
Masters degree and 4 years of Corporate Affairs experience
Bachelors degree and 6 years of Corporate Affairs experience
Associates degree and 10 years of Corporate Affairs experienceOr
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Corporate Affairs experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- Experience and demonstrated skills in developing, managing and delivering communications strategies and plans in a complex organization.
- Ability to operate effectively on large cross-functional teams, as well as lead by influence and collaborate.
- Experience in social and digital media, media relations and issues management.
- Excellent written, spoken, and interpersonal communication skills, with attention to detail.
- Experience in creating and translating scientific / technical content for a broad range of audiences
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.